+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Come on Gru you know that TS is doing an amazing job and the players are all just wonderful world class players , please don't say anything that may hurt our moderators feelings

Kelly needs to put in a transfer request.

He must have been sat on the bench today looking at Ogbene's non performance thinking " what the feck do I have to do"

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Meet the temporary boss same as the old boss! Both wouldn't start with McCart or Kelly. Can't have Humphreys in front of McCart a natural left sided defender. Up front pointless starting with Washington without some support. Bramall I don't rate at all same with Eaves.
    You don`t rate anybody,anyway....we were poor,but Wigan basically did what we usually do to teams,worked hard at closing us down,and finished the few chances they had,we did neither really.
    As Wood said,if you have 4 or 5 players who are off their game then we are buggered,I`m paraphrasing there Richard.
    Norton Cuffy was great,Hall played well.....er,that`s about it,but lets not get carried away,most of the season so far we have been very good,hopefully the new man can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebuman View Post
    Come on Gru you know that TS is doing an amazing job and the players are all just wonderful world class players , please don't say anything that may hurt our moderators feelings
    Did you even read the opening post of this thread? Probably not as you seem intent on just carrying on with your 'Monty' like tirade against me. Post whatever opinions you like about TS and RUFC, that's what the site is for.

Wendun, FWIW, this is my take on Cebu and the matchday thread.

I look forward to that thread every week. Being on the other side of the world, it's my only link to sharing the day with other Millers' fans. It's an opportunity to comment on the game as it happens and, above all, act like a supporter with others around me.

I think most of the others on there take part for the same reason.

Cebuman appears to see it as a platform to continue his diatribe against the club: Warne should have been kept; we should spend and invest in better etc etc

He contributed nothing until we were a goal down and then immediately started in. A relentless attack on the club with no real reference to what was going on on the field.

He posted five or six comments largely saying the same thing.

I posted to him that I didn't think anybody was really interested. We were all watching the match and, of course, were hurting. I was trying to be diplomatic.

CAM made his point about Cebu only ever posting when things weren't going well to which he took great umbrage and spent the rest of the match trying to justify himself.

Of course, Cebu has the right to his opinions and this is a forum where he can express them. He is pretty articulate on his subject and I don't disagree with much of what he says.

However, in my view, there is a time and a place; and more importantly, there is also a need to recognise that you might want to curb the desire to ram those views down everybody's throat relentlessly during what is a social exchange.

Cebu is clearly passionate about the club and his views and that's good. I think CAM, as a moderator, was trying to judge the mood of those joining in on the thread, and let Cebu know that what he was doing - and does quite a lot - was disruptive to a match thread audience.

I think we all want the same thing and to try to suggest that there is some sort of insider/outsider mentality on this message board is disingenuous at best.

Cebuman
    Mmm seems to have a go at a positive millers and then gets slated for his attitude. He then cries wolf having a go at CAM

That’s like going into a pub having a go at someone for been positive getting a pasting then crying he got bullied.

Very apt.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Wendun, FWIW, this is my take on Cebu and the matchday thread.

I look forward to that thread every week. Being on the other side of the world, it's my only link to sharing the day with other Millers' fans. It's an opportunity to comment on the game as it happens and, above all, act like a supporter with others around me.

I think most of the others on there take part for the same reason.

Cebuman appears to see it as a platform to continue his diatribe against the club: Warne should have been kept; we should spend and invest in better etc etc

He contributed nothing until we were a goal down and then immediately started in. A relentless attack on the club with no real reference to what was going on on the field.

He posted five or six comments largely saying the same thing.

I posted to him that I didn't think anybody was really interested. We were all watching the match and, of course, were hurting. I was trying to be diplomatic.

CAM made his point about Cebu only ever posting when things weren't going well to which he took great umbrage and spent the rest of the match trying to justify himself.

Of course, Cebu has the right to his opinions and this is a forum where he can express them. He is pretty articulate on his subject and I don't disagree with much of what he says.

However, in my view, there is a time and a place; and more importantly, there is also a need to recognise that you might want to curb the desire to ram those views down everybody's throat relentlessly during what is a social exchange.

Cebu is clearly passionate about the club and his views and that's good. I think CAM, as a moderator, was trying to judge the mood of those joining in on the thread, and let Cebu know that what he was doing - and does quite a lot - was disruptive to a match thread audience.

I think we all want the same thing and to try to suggest that there is some sort of insider/outsider mentality on this message board is disingenuous at best.
    CAM wasn't trying to judge anyone's mood he simply tried to point out that I couldn't have an opinion that wasn't what he felt was a good one unless I'd been on the forum for the last god knows how long praising everything the players or TS or manager had done, yet I provided a reply to that question which was totally ignored , he simply wanted to ridicule anything I had had the nerve to say because it didn't fit within his own views...I did not attack anyone else's views and I did not become abusive towards anyone who didn't agree with my opinions, I did point out that I do not believe CAM to be what a Moderator actually is supposed to be, which is neutral/unbiased which he certainly is not !!

CAM wanted to make sure that everyone knew about past posts etc ,to basically point out that anything I had an opinion about wasn't worth listening to because I had not been on within a certain time scale saying how great everyone was TS the players and manager etc in other words nothing I was saying was to be taken as been a valid opinion ,It was obvious why he tried to point my past posts out ,to try to ridicule my present posts, If I had come on today saying how great I thought everything would be and how I hoped the lads would win 5-0 etc and what a brilliant guy TS is and that we needed to do a collection and have a bronze statue put up of TS and all the players ,he would never have pointed anything out about any previous posts or taken obvious offence to anything I said...Actually I did want us to win 5-0 and I don't think TS is a bad chairman for our club and I did actually feel Warne had started to get to grips with being a proper manager.. But I do think TS is trying to do things on the cheap that just won't help our clubs situation in this league and that is probably why Warne finally lost patients and left...And I do think it's going to be a costly error on TS part...And hopefully Warney's for leaving us in the crapper
    Last edited by Cebuman; 01-10-2022 at 05:35 PM.

Erm.. what the thread about again?… oh yeah the game.

I didn’t think we were garbage and not sure I understood why anyone would say that.
    Not sure any fans can moan either seeing that you didn’t really get behind them
    Under the circumstances we did ok and it’s very disappointing we didn’t score but we should’ve and personally I thought we should’ve won

Ref was useless

11th in championship

Cuffy motm

Any chance we could get back on topic?

Yeah motm CAM if it makes him and his ego feel better !!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast