+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Certainly not the fairytale that some maybe hoped for but more like the nightmare scenario may thought would transpire. A rudderless ship drifting aimlessly? From the few comments on the match thread it would seem like that with many/most/all of the players having an off day and in need of some direction. Let's hope TS and the rest of the selection team pull a rabbit out of the hat and quickly.

Thoughts on today's game?

Pitiful from start to finish. Hall my MOM but no one showered themselves in glory

A video of that provides a masterclass of how to outfox the Millers.

Surprised that the crowd were so quiet when it was clear that the team needed some support.

Don't think the ref managed to Google that book I mentioned in the match thread.

We need a new (external) coach - BEFORE MILLWALL

Derby winning at Cambridge and piggies winning only add to the depression.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Derby winning at Cambridge and piggies winning only add to the depression.
    Seriously who gives a s.hit about Derby. As for Weds? Focus your sights elsewhere fella.
    Posting about Weds ….. jeez
    Last edited by Brin; 01-10-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Certainly not the fairytale that some maybe hoped for but more like the nightmare scenario may thought would transpire. A rudderless ship drifting aimlessly? From the few comments on the match thread it would seem like that with many/most/all of the players having an off day and in need of some direction. Let's hope TS and the rest of the selection team pull a rabbit out of the hat and quickly.

Thoughts on today's game?
    Absolute garbage, never looked liked we would get anything and if there isn't a new experienced manager in the dug out on Wednesday it will be more of the same. Conceded our first goal from a set piece and it shows the importance of the management and coaching team. We wouldn't have lost that game if PW was still manager and i think we all know that unless we get someone in and stop those players feeling sorry for themselves we are in deep sh**. All this crap about how well training has gone and how upbeat the players have been is naïve crap, we looked liked a group of blokes that met for the first time in the car park before the game. We wasted our time making an offer to a bloke that never had any intention to leave his little village club, a bloke that was just playing the ego game. We don't want a league 1 or league 2 manager, we need someone that has managed in the championship and knows how to grind out a few results.
    What i think we need to criticise PW for is leaving us without a decent striker at the club, Eaves and Washington are terrible, eaves cannot control a ball and Washington runs around like a headless chicken, what a waste of a pair of wages. We have been fortunate that Ogbene has done ok and Wood has got some set piece goals, but other than that our midfield contributes no goal threat at all. Whoever takes on this job has a real challenge on and he must get it in writing that he can go and get a striker in January

No point commenting. Cebuman proved that. He's quite negative on TS and his approach but his comments are as valid as those of the TS statue builders. What a site this is. Should rename it Cam's cottage. I keep checking definitions of "moderator" but can't find one that equates to gang leader and if you disagree with my perspective from the Pacific coast of the USA you can't be a Miller even if like Cebuman you live in Canklow.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    No point commenting. Cebuman proved that. He's quite negative on TS and his approach but his comments are as valid as those of the TS statue builders. What a site this is. Should rename it Cam's cottage. I keep checking definitions of "moderator" but can't find one that equates to gang leader and if you disagree with my perspective from the Pacific coast of the USA you can't be a Miller even if like Cebuman you live in Canklow.
    You don't seem to mention that others also questioned his posts? I have nothing against people posting what they like about TS or RUFC but have every right as do any other posters to question why they only ever post on here when things aren't going well. Don't you think it's strange when a 'supporter' has never posted once in the 3 seasons where we got promotion? I do?

Yep as sson as we lose the shrill ladies return.

Poor performance, of the kind that I feared.We were disjointed and lacking the fight and urgency that usually characterises Warne's teams. However, the team sometimes turns in those performances for Warne also, but I think that it is testament to Warne and his team that they usually turned themselves around.

So many players off their game today against a Wigan team that knew how to play us and did it very well. Strong and pwerful with some good touches making them dangerous going forward. Our only potential threat really was from the wings but the crossing was poor pretty much throughout.

Regroup and go again Wednesday.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast