+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Taylor offered Rotherham job!

Another none footballing disillusioned pick by T/S.This guys got no experience only in the lower league. I will give him a chance but my 63yrs a Miller is slowly fading away.

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    He's a well thought of up and coming young manager that likes to play attacking football
    But he’s too early for us,we needed to establish our selves in the Championship first & let him get a bit more experience else where.

So, unless this is already a done deal and as I said on another thread, I would rescind the offer and say that he isn’t being offered the job.

Amateur. If what I am reading on millersmad is true.

If he takes over he's only got same players to work with while January. Can shuffle pack abit but not many options. So if he does take over don't expect too much in terms of much more than keeping us out of the bottom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Another none footballing disillusioned pick by T/S.This guys got no experience only in the lower league. I will give him a chance but my 63yrs a Miller is slowly fading away.
    Bit like Paul Warne who had no league manager experience. Look how that turned out…..😉

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Aye, in the true spirit of fair minded dyed in the wool Millers we will give him 2 or 3 games before loading the rifles

I just took a look at ELKs posts about Manager Dismissals and Manager Appointments so far this season and in addition to the shocking number of changes so far in The Championship I notice the glut of 'underwhelming' appointments. I'm not sure who we should go for, old v young, experienced v inexperienced, costly v cheap, employed v unemployed, man v woman but I just hope we get someone in soon so we have someone to blame

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    He's a well thought of up and coming young manager that likes to play attacking football
    That sounds a positive

Good choice. Northern lad too. I know his wife has just had a baby but might be the best time to move.

Come on Matt. You know it makes sense.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast