+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Taylor offered Rotherham job!

Get him signed up tomorrow,he's exactly what we need.

Matty if you take job a clean sweep needed. For starters back to the home dugout. Were you can play players in their correct positions ie. McCart on the left of the back 3. We haven't got a left wing back good enough switch Chieo there with McCart behind him one natural left sided player there. Kelly & Washington up front. Time for Vickers back in goal. Good luck if you take job. January start moving players out surplus.

Maybe also he needs to talk to others to maybe fetch with him like an assistant, Woody can still help with Training and Mercer with keepers until we sort that out unless he wants to leave Exeter with no staff like we were

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    This on the face of it is good news but what IF he turns us down it would be embarrassing to say the least and where do we turn to? No disrespect but this is Cambridge and Exeter we’re talking about
    Also what about the recruitment process I don’t know what TS method is but it is very amateurish
    Not certain you can blame TS or RUFC for Matt Taylor /Devon Live and Exeter City for announcing he had been offered the job.
    Understandable MT has gone back south to consider his position, personal and have a talk with Wayne Carlisle his assistant down there. He could have chosen his words better. Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Matty if you take job a clean sweep needed. For starters back to the home dugout. Were you can play players in their correct positions ie. McCart on the left of the back 3. We haven't got a left wing back good enough switch Chieo there with McCart behind him one natural left sided player there. Kelly & Washington up front. Time for Vickers back in goal. Good luck if you take job. January start moving players out surplus.
    Don't you ever get fed up of repeating yourself repeating yourself

Quite right Rich. Let’s face it, Exeter is a fabulous place to live and bring up a family, so convincing a partner to move to Rotherham isn’t a small task. I suppose it’s that over career ambition. If he’s been offered the job as it sounds, I can’t see him not taking it as long as he can convince “er indoors.” Should be a really good appointment for the Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    Don't you ever get fed up of repeating yourself repeating yourself

Most on here are pro Warney. I'm not. New manager get shut ASAP Warney men Wood Peltier could see yesterday it was same crap that Warney was lucky with.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Most on here are pro Warney. I'm not. New manager get shut ASAP Warney men Wood Peltier could see yesterday it was same crap that Warney was lucky with.
    Yes lucky for 6 years isn’t luck only rarely?
    Wish I’d asked him lottery numbers before he left could have bought TS out

Don't worry, the simpleton has a system to win the lottery, it's only a matter of time before he scoops the big one, and when he does he'll buy an extra mayday ticket to ensure that the Millers have a competitive budget for years to come.

Taken from Exeter forum;

I do think he’s relatively limited tactically although has consistently improved across his time with us. Not a manager that makes game changing subs very often but we set up so solidly it doesn’t really matter. I love how we press teams with pace, up top and down the flanks.“

Sounds familiar! We may be ok after all

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast