+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes, We have done it again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It was rubbish defending the ball should never have been allowed in, say what you want about how SD played but that goal would not have been conceded under his watch.

Muric had no chance, I thought Robinson would head it back across goal but instead he headed into the ground at the near post. A classic out of the coaching manual striker's goal.

Maatsen needs to learn how to defend, we are shipping too many goals from our left-hand side.

I think sinkov is slipping him a few quid to cheat on the betting.
    I agree that it was poor defending. It looked like so tired legs. If there are players who struggle to see out 90 they should be substituted, especially if they are in defensive roles.

I would prefer to see Beyer on for Taylor.

I am still not convinced that Muric could do nothing. He seemed to barely make an effort to react quickly.

Still, the result is the result. Bring on the Potters.

[QUOTE=Swissclaret;40131227]I agree that it was poor defending. It looked like so tired legs. If there are players who struggle to see out 90 they should be substituted, especially if they are in defensive roles.

I would prefer to see Beyer on for Taylor.

I have to agree Swiss-Charlie made some important blocks but I dont think he fits the Vinny player profile as good as Beyer does.He moves the ball around much quicker than Charlie which is essential for the style of play Vinni wants.I was very impressed with the German lad when he started.

Stoke getting hammered at home by Watford and they come to the Turf on Wednesday. Let's hope that this is not a banana skin game, Stoke can only improve!

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post

I am still not convinced that Muric could do nothing. He seemed to barely make an effort to react quickly.
    I agree with Swiss, Muric just seemed to give up to it, maybe he'd read it wrongly but it looked like he only had to stick his hand out to stop it. I'm also not convinced that a 6ft 5 ins keeper couldn't have got the long ball they lumped up that led to the goal, a floater from inside their half onto the edge of our box. Shouldn't have been difficult for him.

Plus ca change. Consistency if nothing else. Never mind, it was very pretty and we didn't lose ---be very happy and nobody should be moaning about anything football related, you have been entertained ---haven't you?

I wouldnt care normally or if isolated.... I have seen this 4 times this season, and now 2 games in a fcking row!!

Kompany must take some responsibility. Ever time we score we take the foot off the gas, and try and control the game and slow it down.. that is great if we either have time left after settling we can press the button and push on to kill the game... but we dont 4 times I have seen use trying to see the game out by sitting deeper, slowing down to near stopping.. and we get caught out time and time again...

If we do not have the ability or persons to defend a lead as we used to, then we clearly need to carry on as we where to get a second to out score the opposition..

why is Kompany doing this? City dont stop and down tools after scoring .. they carry on and on and on... why do we keep doing this?
    whats the point in 70% possession, 14 corners dominating the game... to keep throwing away the hard work, via this BS of taking the foot off the gas... it clearly doesn't work..!!

I hope Pace is a patient man otherwise VK will be looking for a job, truly I'm not impressed.

Where did you expect us to be in the table after 12 games BT? At the start of the season I feared the worst. Now I hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    Where did you expect us to be in the table after 12 games BT? At the start of the season I feared the worst. Now I hope for the best.
    VK has assembled a squad that could rip most Championship teams apart, but the constant tinkering and team rotation is not giving the team any consistent platform to work from.

The truly successful managers have a first team that you can write the programme notes and name the team before you get to the ground.

Muric, Roberts, Beyer, TBH, Taylor,
    Benson, Brownhill, Cullen, Zamoury,
    Rodriguez, Tella.

And VK can then tinker mid-match, we have the depth of squad to adjust if things are going wrong.

We CANNOT defend a lead and that MUST change.

Cardiff were bobbins on Saturday and so were Stoke last night - 4 points chucked away in four days because we can't see games out.

It's rubbish warminster, Bellamy and VK need to get their heads together or else ring SD and ask him how to defend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)