+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop in the name of LOVE ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    So it is all Israel’s fault is it? I suspect the Syrian refugees are there as a result of Bashad’s genocide, rather than any Israeli aggression.

Millions of refugees in Jordan from different conflicts - all Israeli inspired? Did the Jordanians turn away athletes from any other countries?
    It's called anti-semitism Swiss, it's still rife, it won't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's called anti-semitism Swiss, it's still rife, it won't go away.
    I agree sinkov. It is sad that there are so many intelligent people that are anti-Semitic. I am not saying that Israel is innocent of all things.

However, the fact that Britain is governed by idiots does not mean that all Brits are idiots. Similarly with Jewish people.

For the millionth time, not appreciating how an apartheid state treats the segregated millions of Arabic Palestinians is not anti-Semitic.

Israel is an apartheid state which I find rather odd because although Jews usually, but not always, share a common gene pool, they are not a “race”, because any non-Jew who converts to Judaism will be recognized as being Jewish by all those rabbis who share a commitment to the same denomination of Judaism as the rabbi who did the conversion.

In the Torah, Jews are referred as ‘Am Yisrael’ - the nation of Israel or ‘Bnei Yisrael’ - the Children of Israel. So, Jews are a combination of a religion, ethnicity, a nationality and are not a “race”.

That conclusion should come as no surprise, for the concept of Jewish ethnic identity lies at the very heart of modern Zionism. But it is a concept fraught with danger, a lot of Israel’s founders were Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern and Central Europe, but Ashkenazis are far from the only ethnic branch of Judaism.

Sephardic Jews originate from Spain and North Africa; old, even ancient, Jewish groups live or have lived in Georgia, the Middle East, sub-Saharan Africa (yes, there are black Jews), and even some in China.

Even in the good old USA, the face of Judaism is becoming ever more diverse, it is accepted up to 10 percent of America’s six million Jews are non-white. Non-white Jews – who would ever have believed it?

The segregated and mistreated Palestinians are an ethnonational group having descended from peoples who have inhabited the region of Palestine over the millennia, and who are today culturally and linguistically Arab. But now they are separated from their Jewish equivalents by physical walls, social division, paramilitary patrols, and put-downs. Imprisonment without trial, aerial indiscriminate bombing of the Gaza civilian population is all reminiscent of scenes from a different era.

The sad reality is that haters don’t care what the scientific classification of a “race” is, we need laws and proper domestic and international policing to protect people from the brutal realities of hatred, even when the perpetrators and evil doers are acting out of bigotry and ignorance.

The post-Holocaust tragedy is we have not learned the lesson, the human catastrophes and genocide in Rwanda, non-combatant slaughter in Iraq, the continuous murder and incarceration of Muslims in contemporary China, and Saudi destruction in Yemen tell us six million Jews were murdered in vain.

Apartheid is now widespread in Israel. May God help us.

.....and the last time you visited Israel and stayed a while, so that you really understood the people that you met and talked with, was when?

"Israel is an apartheid state"

After this nonsense mon ami, I read no further. And I can't be arsed to waste my time explaining why.

"Anti-Semitism is alive and well in Britain"

"As the Jewish New Year enters its final few days – the denouement Yom Kippur, our day of atonement, is on Wednesday – we Jews have been enjoying a bit of our own company. Most people don’t know it’s Jewish New Year, which contains the most important two days on our calendar, and nor do most organisations, which plough ahead with important events and meetings regardless. Perhaps that’s fair enough – there aren’t very many of us; about 290,000 or 0.4 per cent of the UK population.

It’s odd, then, how much attention we continue to attract: and not of the good kind. A recent survey of 4,010 people by Hope Not Hate, a charitable trust that campaigns against racism and fascism, found that one-third of the British population believe anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. So much for virtuous Gen Z: 34 per cent of those between 18 and 24 said that it was “probably” or “definitely true” that Jews have excessive influence over global finance. This is amid a sharp increase in anti-Jewish incidents perpetrated by under-18s.

The Corbynite left made things immeasurably worse for Jews in this country. Universities, for all their obsession with stamping out “structural” racism, and their extreme, holier-than-thou attitudes to social justice, have not been helping the younger age cohort. Last month, the odious former University of Bristol sociology lecturer David Miller – too extreme even for Bristol’s powers that be – ranted on Iran’s Press TV, where he has his own programme called “Palestine Declassified”, about how Jewish kids are indoctrinated with Zionism at certain schools. Even so, a sleek website set up to support him bills him as “one of the world’s leading experts on Islamophobia” and insists he was unfairly dismissed from Bristol due to “outrageous censorship” by the “UK’s Israel lobby”. The website also has a section devoted to materials on “the Israel gravy train”. And yet there it sits, under cover of sleek graphics and an apparently right-on cause.

I get the sense that people are bored of hearing Jews go on about anti-Semitism; it’s far worse than boring to be its target – and it doesn’t seem, after millennia of this most tenacious, deadly ism, there is any let-up in sight."

It's always Israel's fault, they just cannot stop the persecution of Arabs S_c.

BT that photo is not of the Al Aksa mosque, it's the Dome of the Rock mosque. But being in England would not know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome_of_the_Rock

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/jerusal...469275/1342523

The website reads ''Hundreds of Palestinians rallied in Gaza City to protest against Israeli raids on the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
    I do not see hundreds ??

Plus in the photo you showed us . Israel border police would not just stand there watching, you really have to do better!!!

It also reads ''The rally came less than a week after ''the Israeli police reportedly broke into the holy site on September 26 in the Old City of Jerusalem to remove Muslim worshippers '' and provide a safe ground for ultranationalist Jews marking the Jewish New Year (from September 25 to 27).

Police accuse Palestinians of ‘desecrating’ Al-Aqsa Mosque by launching fireworks, throwing rocks from inside it; security forces blame ‘online incitement’ for violence.

To throw rocks they have to bring from outside the mosque, and bring into the Mosque . A little crazy ??? That means they prepared for the event !!It means they were intending of doing this action. But blame the Israelis.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Israel is an apartheid state"

After this nonsense mon ami, I read no further. And I can't be arsed to waste my time explaining why.
    Not one but two Jewish Human Rights Organisations agree that Israel is an apartheid state...

Yesh Din
    In 2020, the Israeli human rights organization Yesh Din found that Israeli treatment of the West Bank's Palestinian population meets the definition of the crime of apartheid under both Article 7 of the 2002 Rome Statute which established the International Criminal Court (ICC) and the International Convention on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of Apartheid (ICSPCA) adopted by the United Nations General Assembly, which entered into force in 1976.

B'tselem report
    In January 2021, Israeli human rights organization B'Tselem issued a report outlining the considerations that led to the conclusion that "the bar for labelling the Israeli regime as apartheid has been met." In presenting the report, B'Tselem Executive Director Hagai El-Ad said, "Israel is not a democracy that has a temporary occupation attached to it: it is one regime between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, and we must look at the full picture and see it for what it is: apartheid."

I always laugh at this sort of bollox: The Corbynite left made things immeasurably worse for Jews in this country.

How?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I always laugh at this sort of bollox: The Corbynite left made things immeasurably worse for Jews in this country.

How?
    By giving a home and a voice to anti-semitic scum in the Labour Party, by electing the crusty old anti-semite himself to lead the Party.

"Investigation into antisemitism in the Labour Party finds unlawful acts of discrimination and harassment"

"The equality body’s analysis points to a culture within the Party which, at best, did not do enough to prevent antisemitism and, at worst, could be seen to accept it."

Case closed, the only mystery to me is why this vile anti-semitic organisation was not proscribed. at least some members such as your good self BT had the decency to crawl out of the sewer and cut up their membership cards.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)