+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop in the name of LOVE ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not one but two Jewish Human Rights Organisations agree that Israel is an apartheid state...

Yesh Din
    In 2020, the Israeli human rights organization Yesh Din found that Israeli treatment of the West Bank's Palestinian population meets the definition of the crime of apartheid under both Article 7 of the 2002 Rome Statute which established the International Criminal Court (ICC) and the International Convention on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of Apartheid (ICSPCA) adopted by the United Nations General Assembly, which entered into force in 1976.

B'tselem report
    In January 2021, Israeli human rights organization B'Tselem issued a report outlining the considerations that led to the conclusion that "the bar for labelling the Israeli regime as apartheid has been met." In presenting the report, B'Tselem Executive Director Hagai El-Ad said, "Israel is not a democracy that has a temporary occupation attached to it: it is one regime between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, and we must look at the full picture and see it for what it is: apartheid."
    I'm just curious BT, seeing as you obviously set great store by such things, under the Human Rights definitions above, does Gaza qualify as an apartheid state ? Do any other states/counties qualify as apartheid states ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm just curious BT, seeing as you obviously set great store by such things, under the Human Rights definitions above, does Gaza qualify as an apartheid state ? Do any other states/counties qualify as apartheid states ?
    Gaza is the very epitome of what a victim of apartheid constitutes, the Palestinians are blockaded in by sea, incarcerated by land and forget about human rights - they have none.

Apartheid wise Bahrain, Myanmar are serial offenders and of course China’s treatment of the Uighur is a disgrace to humanity, which has received little criticism outside Turkey, the US and Malaysia. After getting rid of the Falun Gong, their government is switching their crosshair to its Turkic/Muslim minority, a point you have alluded to before.

Muslims seem to get a lot of bad attention globally, but Arabic Muslims in Palestine, and your average run-of-the mill Muslim also gets it in the neck in India, Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand. I think these are the main reasons for Muslim inflicted "terror" across the globe.

I was recently at a rally in York supporting the people of Palestine and in particular Gaza, I was astonished at the depth of support there is for Palestinian Arabs from Joe Public in the street.

I do not know why the world watches and does nothing and before you say it a group of Jewish students from Leeds don't know either.

I had a very long conversation with members from the group and it was interesting to say the least.

My old mucker Jeremy Corbyn is due (no pun intended) to appear at the next rally in the East midlands - I'm definitely going.

Gaza is the very epitome of what a victim of apartheid constitutes, the Palestinians are blockaded in by sea,

So are the British but they manage

''incarcerated by land '' Gaza's south - western border is with Egypt, both have Islam as their religion, brothers ? In Islamic community, all Muslims are brothers and this message is revealed in the tenth verse of Al-Hujurat (the verse of brotherhood).

I do wish you'd stop pointing out the bleedin obvious to these people Balan, they are so content and pleased with themselves in their sanctimonious, little, virtue signalling bubbles. You shouldn't pop them like that.

I do wish you'd stop pointing out the bleedin obvious to these people Balan, they are so content and pleased with themselves in their sanctimonious, little, virtue signalling bubbles. You shouldn't pop them like that.
    The siege of Gaza is an international scandal as Palestinians continue to suffer after Egypt tightened its severe blockade on Gaza in coordination with Israel. The military junta in Egypt and the Israelis are complicit in incarcerating almost 2 million people and you think it's funny. Shame on you sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Gaza is the very epitome of what a victim of apartheid constitutes, the Palestinians are blockaded in by sea,

So are the British but they manage
    I'd love to know the reason the IDF bomb innocent civilians for no apparent reason other than to satisfy their blood lust...

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/i...ttack-gaza-why

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    So it is all Israel’s fault is it? I suspect the Syrian refugees are there as a result of Bashad’s genocide, rather than any Israeli aggression.

Millions of refugees in Jordan from different conflicts - all Israeli inspired? Did the Jordanians turn away athletes from any other countries?
    Gaza is under siege, trapped in a pincer like grip by the IDF and the hostile Egyptian military junta and a few Israeli athletes think they can just turn up in Jordan and swim, run and cycle like nothing is wrong. Beggars' belief, it really does...

https://www.palestinechronicle.com/s...-on-deaf-ears/

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The siege of Gaza is an international scandal as Palestinians continue to suffer after Egypt tightened its severe blockade on Gaza in coordination with Israel. The military junta in Egypt and the Israelis are complicit in incarcerating almost 2 million people and you think it's funny. Shame on you sinkov.
    OK then mon ami, I'll take you seriously and accept the above, but it leaves me completely baffled. You cannot have two more diametrically opposed states than Israel and Egypt, Muslims and Jews, a military dictatorship and a democracy, they have fought wars with each other, another one could break out at any moment, but on Gaza snd Palestinians they are as one. Why is this ? Why do these polar opposites want to incarcerate 2 million people in Gaza ? Why do they do that ?

OK then mon ami, I'll take you seriously and accept the above, but it leaves me completely baffled. You cannot have two more diametrically opposed states than Israel and Egypt, Muslims and Jews, a military dictatorship and a democracy, they have fought wars with each other, another one could break out at any moment, but on Gaza snd Palestinians they are as one. Why is this ? Why do these polar opposites want to incarcerate 2 million people in Gaza ? Why do they do that ?
    Good question. it's like Rangers and Celtic being mates in order to keep Queens Park in check. There you go, return to football instead of politics

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)