+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop in the name of LOVE ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    OK then mon ami, I'll take you seriously and accept the above, but it leaves me completely baffled. You cannot have two more diametrically opposed states than Israel and Egypt, Muslims and Jews, a military dictatorship and a democracy, they have fought wars with each other, another one could break out at any moment, but on Gaza snd Palestinians they are as one. Why is this ? Why do these polar opposites want to incarcerate 2 million people in Gaza ? Why do they do that ?
    It's complicated sinkov and I'd need to bore you to death with an essay to give you the full lowdown. Long story short, Turkey and Iran supply arms to Hamas and Hezbollah. One of many reasons is Hamas blew up 13 Egyptian soldiers, so they shut the border post as a reprisal with the consequence of trapping two million Palestinians on the Gaza Strip.

The Egyptians play fast and loose with the Rafah border crossing for entry and exit into the Gaza Strip, which is the only passage to the outside world for the residents of the coastal enclave that is not controlled by Israel.

To give you an example: CAIRO NEWS Report – 1 August 2022: The Egyptian Authorities confirmed Monday that Rafah Border Crossing is still open in both directions for the entry of passengers, and aid to Gaza Strip. Visas are however almost impossible to get hold of.

It is further noted that the crossing had been exceptionally opened in May 2021 in the aftermath of Israeli raids on Gaza to allow the entry of aid to the strip as well as Palestinian patients for treatment in Egypt. Kind of them.

It must be horrendous being incarcerated on the Gaza Strip relying on the Israelis to provide essential utilities like water, electric, gas and telecommunications.

I seem to recall Tony Blair claiming he could and would solve the problem, the world still waits unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    ''incarcerated by land '' Gaza's south - western border is with Egypt, both have Islam as their religion, brothers ? In Islamic community, all Muslims are brothers and this message is revealed in the tenth verse of Al-Hujurat (the verse of brotherhood).
    Ask them to open the gate then please Balan at the Rafah Border Crossing, and make sure the travellers have visas to hand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's complicated sinkov and I'd need to bore you to death with an essay to give you the full lowdown. Long story short, Turkey and Iran supply arms to Hamas and Hezbollah. One of many reasons is Hamas blew up 13 Egyptian soldiers, so they shut the border post as a reprisal with the consequence of trapping two million Palestinians on the Gaza Strip.

The Egyptians play fast and loose with the Rafah border crossing for entry and exit into the Gaza Strip, which is the only passage to the outside world for the residents of the coastal enclave that is not controlled by Israel.

To give you an example: CAIRO NEWS Report – 1 August 2022: The Egyptian Authorities confirmed Monday that Rafah Border Crossing is still open in both directions for the entry of passengers, and aid to Gaza Strip. Visas are however almost impossible to get hold of.

It is further noted that the crossing had been exceptionally opened in May 2021 in the aftermath of Israeli raids on Gaza to allow the entry of aid to the strip as well as Palestinian patients for treatment in Egypt. Kind of them.

It must be horrendous being incarcerated on the Gaza Strip relying on the Israelis to provide essential utilities like water, electric, gas and telecommunications.

I seem to recall Tony Blair claiming he could and would solve the problem, the world still waits unfortunately.
    Thank you BT, you touched upon the answer to my question in your very first sentence, but then drifted away from it somewhat. Really, asking why both Israel and Egypt deal with Gaza and the Palestinians in the same fashion is misleading, neither is actually dealing with Gaza and it's 2 million inhabitants are they, they are both dealing with an Islamist terrorist organisation called Hamas, which is why their methods are identical.

It really is a shame mon ami, it seems impossible to have an open and honest debate about anything with you Lefties, you want to discuss the care sector crisis, whilst blithely ignoring the fact that 50,000 care workers were sacked off due to a spurious vaccine mandate, and you want to discuss Gaza, while blithely ignoring the fact that it's run by an Islamist death cult.

What IS the matter with you people ?

I keep asking but you just keep on ignoring me, who invoked a "spurious vaccine mandate" the Tories or the Labour party..

And PLEASE don't tell me it's Starmer's fault for not having a big enough majority in the House of Commons to defeat the Tories. Perhaps you might take an inward look to the eejits who keep voting these Tory f*ckers in.

You might think Egypt and Israel are doing the "decent thing" in penalising Hamas but nearly 2 million people are the innocent victims of Israeli aggression.

I don't want to discuss the care sector staffing crisis in any way whatsoever. Being paid £9.00 per hour and being forced to have a dodgy vaccine shoved in your arm is all we need to know.

Just how those of a particular political persuasion think it's OKAY to indiscriminately Bomb the F*ck out of a civilian Arab population is way beyond my comprehension.

By the way, are you OKAY with the Russian bombing of Ukranian civilians? Just asking.

Yom Kipour here BT, all National TV stations are closed down

What is Yom Kippur? The Holiest Day on the Jewish Calendar
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I keep asking but you just keep on ignoring me, who invoked a "spurious vaccine mandate" the Tories or the Labour party..
    Neither, the Mad Scientists of Sage were deciding what measures were taken. There were some Tory backsliders, wanting to put an end to, or at least to question, the lunacy, Starmer told Boris quite unequivocally in the Commons, I know, I saw it live, that if he took the slightest bit of notice of them, he'd bring the government down. Apart from 30/40 Tories, and half a dozen Labour MPs, the whole sorry bunch of scumbags were in it together, lockdowns, lies, vaccine mandates the whole fecking lot, and whatever lunacy the Tories were proposing, Starmer was hot for more of it and longer.

Have you forgotten already mon ami, we discussed it often on here. It's amazing what conveniently short memories you Lefties have.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Neither, the Mad Scientists of Sage were deciding what measures were taken. There were some Tory backsliders, wanting to put an end to, or at least to question, the lunacy, Starmer told Boris quite unequivocally in the Commons, I know, I saw it live, that if he took the slightest bit of notice of them, he'd bring the government down. Apart from 30/40 Tories, and half a dozen Labour MPs, the whole sorry bunch of scumbags were in it together, lockdowns, lies, vaccine mandates the whole fecking lot, and whatever lunacy the Tories were proposing, Starmer was hot for more of it and longer.

Have you forgotten already mon ami, we discussed it often on here. It's amazing what conveniently short memories you Lefties have.
    Let's just nationalise British Energy and stop arguing about semantics eh mon ami? Good luck at Bury tonight by the way.

BT: We are so good to the good people of the Gaza strip, not the 'bad ones'. In Gaza a worker earns about $15 p day,(£ 13.3 ) in the Gaza strip. If he gets a visa to work in Israel he can earn $ 150 p day!! (£ 133 ) So please use your contacts there ,to convince them to be good boys ,before they go to work in Israel. Harmony in diversity!

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    BT: We are so good to the good people of the Gaza strip, not the 'bad ones'. In Gaza a worker earns about $15 p day,(£ 13.3 ) in the Gaza strip. If he gets a visa to work in Israel he can earn $ 150 p day!! (£ 133 ) So please use your contacts there ,to convince them to be good boys ,before they go to work in Israel. Harmony in diversity!
    Magnanimous hardly does it justice eh Balan?

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/m...i-work-permits

I wonder why the ungrateful b@stards want to leave...

Attachment 22673

the Gaza Strip — controlled by the Islamist militant group Hamas,

'I Want To Get The Hell Out Of Here': Thousands Of Palestinians Are Leaving Gaza

For over a decade, the Gaza Strip — controlled by the Islamist militant group Hamas, blockaded by its neighbours, difficult to leave — has amounted to an experiment in human isolation.

Now there is a new escape route. Egypt suddenly opened its border with Gaza in May 2018, and, facing increasingly unbearable living conditions, tens of thousands of Gazans are believed to have crossed that border and scattered across the world, in the latest chapter in a mass exodus of migrants out of the troubled Middle East.
    "I didn't find my future here," says Zeid al Kurdi, 25, at the Gaza-Egypt border with just a backpack and small rolling suitcase.
    He grew up in a refugee camp and, like most Gazans, relied on United Nations food rations. His family's house was destroyed in an Israeli airstrike in 2008, during the first of three wars that Hamas and Israel have fought, and his father went broke paying off a loan to rebuild it.

The Egyptian border crossing has remained open, teeming with young men, waiting for Hamas authorities to call their names over a scratchy loudspeaker to board a bus and cross. Absent official emigration statistics, experts in Gaza estimate 35,000 to 40,000 Gazans have left since mid-2018. Again what can you expect when Hamas rules the strip!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)