+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Start: School Report

If we were judging it on a points gained total then:24 pts out of a poss 33 as a fraction = 8/11ths= @72-73%. According to this, 72-73%= a measly C-/C. Pttffff. You have to bear in mind my maths could be in error and hence my Teachers comments were justified. Praps one of the bigger boys will work it out?

https://gpacalculator.io/gpa-scale/a+/
    Last edited by countygump; 02-10-2022 at 02:17 PM.

If anyone was going to spot the change in the effectiveness of the wing backs it was always going to be you AC.

Your pet hate under the previous head coach(es)? Amazing to think he's done it to date using last season's squad to fill those positions*

*until yesterday of course.

I doubt the range is going to be too great, would anyone seriously suggest less than a B+?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If anyone was going to spot the change in the effectiveness of the wing backs it was always going to be you AC.

Your pet hate under the previous head coach(es)? Amazing to think he's done it to date using last season's squad to fill those positions*

*until yesterday of course.

I doubt the range is going to be too great, would anyone seriously suggest less than a B+?
    Yeah, it's no longer a pet hate, the way he's got them playing.
    Chicksen played there a lot last year, but the way he talks about his instructions and how he's been challenged makes it sound like a completely different position. He's got 3 goals in 9 games I think. Under Burch he might have had that return in 9 years.

It is quite remarkable as to how few tackles the wing backs are having to make in a defensive situation. As Stall said yesterday, they are usually to be found further forward than our midfield players.

When you have 3 adaptable defenders behind you, who can slide over if there's a counter on your side...
    plus holding midfielders who can get back and cover as well.
    LW seems confident enough to unleash them, knowing the guys behind are well-drilled in what to do if there's any counter, Brindley has no issue covering out wide-right, Cameron the same wide-left

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If we were judging it on a points gained total then:24 pts out of a poss 33 as a fraction = 8/11ths= @72-73%. According to this, 72-73%= a measly C-/C. Pttffff.
    It also depends on whether you are grading on being just one of a class of 24, or on what’s needed to be top of the class.

Mine was based on the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yeah, it's no longer a pet hate, the way he's got them playing.
    Chicksen played there a lot last year, but the way he talks about his instructions and how he's been challenged makes it sound like a completely different position. He's got 3 goals in 9 games I think. Under Burch he might have had that return in 9 years.
    I think that’s the reason Nemane was sidelined last season, Burchnall didn’t think he was good enough defensively. He’s massively improved in that department this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It is quite remarkable as to how few tackles the wing backs are having to make in a defensive situation. As Stall said yesterday, they are usually to be found further forward than our midfield players.
    I noticed that yesterday, at times they were virtually level with Langstaff on goal kicks. The key is it gives us that extra man in midfield, keep the width and if they can contribute effectively it’s pretty much win win.

B+ , couple of distractions in the classroom and let the new school bully get the better of us but that aside, teacher is very impressed with the potential of team and leader ( manager ) and with a little more focus and composure A is on the horizon. Let's not the bratty rich kid ruin our report on Tuesday evening.

A- as most others have said. I am confused about 1 thing. We were told that the money raised from the sale of players ( i Specifically refer to Cal Roberts) would be reinvested in the playing squad. I haven't seen any evidence that money obtained from the sale has been. Almost all the other signings were replacements of some sort and were before his transfer. So hopefully that dosh can be used to further strengthen in the new year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast