+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep at home. Saturday 8th October

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Interested to know who you are talking about here?
    Interviews with TA in past suggest managers are not entirely responsible for building the squad. Scouts/Analysts/TA etc are finding a collection of players. The manager/head coach gets shown them later as a "do you or don't you want him" scenario. The entire collective of who built that squad should be lined up and questioned on it by Ogren since its his money they are using and unless its entirely of Ross's doing there should be consequences as this is not a small mistake, its a monumental dereliction of duty

The last time i remember us doing something as crazy is when we kept signing number 10s under McKinnon in the championship and had 3 players who could only play that 1 role, then tried to play boys out of position like Smith.

Harkes should never have been offered contract, but it happened, then levitt happened and sibbald happened. As much as i like McGrath at this point if we had small budget those wages should have went to a cdm and not him altho ideally Harkes would never have happened in the first place

all good posts and points here

we can all see it, we seen it early doors yet nothing was done about it

Striker position is a disgrace also IMO, when have you ever known us to be so light on strikers? Think over the past couple of seasons Shanks, Clark, McNulty, Appere, Biamou all gone.

What are we left with now? Fletcher and Anaku cos lets be honest Watt is never played a striker! 2 f ucking forwards ffs

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Im thinking he must have been out of budget and had no choice but to say that. Even teams with the best attacking midfields in the world have someone like that in their team. Its complete nonsense that anyone can think a much more limited set of lightweight midfielders could do it in a league where historically its been filled with hatchet men in midfield and the lightweight players need players in there to do the dirty work. I cant beleive Ross didn't know that, and if he didnt then he shouldnt be anywhere near a dugout again
    We signed McGrath after JR was appointed so I can't see it to be honest. I like McGrath, good player, but we need a different kind of midfielder to balance the team.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We signed McGrath after JR was appointed so I can't see it to be honest. I like McGrath, good player, but we need a different kind of midfielder to balance the team.
    He made a comment well after McGrath signed and we had taken a couple of doings that there was no need for a defensive type of midfielder to be brung in before end of window because all midfielders should be able to do that role.

Edit to add: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...a-easy-excuse/

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Interviews with TA in past suggest managers are not entirely responsible for building the squad. Scouts/Analysts/TA etc are finding a collection of players. The manager/head coach gets shown them later as a "do you or don't you want him" scenario. The entire collective of who built that squad should be lined up and questioned on it by Ogren since its his money they are using and unless its entirely of Ross's doing there should be consequences as this is not a small mistake, its a monumental dereliction of duty
    That absolutely fair enough if talking about individual players, but the context of your post was about the 'balance of midfield' which is why I asked. I'd still say that's down to the manager as, imo, our model surely has him asking for a certain type of player. Again, JR was on record saying we didn't need a 'defensive midfielder' which makes me believe that choice was down to him

Exactly.

Anyway.......

Birighitti
    Edwards Mulgrew Graham
    Freeman Meekison Levitt McGrath Behich
    Fletcher Sadat

Wouldn't be averse to Watt coming back in as he did well on Saturday. Would love all three of them on the park but we haven't the midfield for it.

I'm warming to the idea of using Mulgrew sitting in front of the defence. But it leaves a gap in the back so maybe not.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 04-10-2022 at 02:34 PM. Reason: I really can't spell or type!

back 3/5 isn't really working either

we're f ucked

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)