+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bilic influence

Bilic influence

The Slavan influence is already up and running with a thumping 4 goal win against Stoke. Good luck to him and I'm only sad that we didn't persevere with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    The Slavan influence is already up and running with a thumping 4 goal win against Stoke. Good luck to him and I'm only sad that we didn't persevere with him.
    Indeed.

Always liked him, should have kept him. Gets us promoted first time of asking and again like all the managers no backing financially to push on. same old same old.

Good old Bilic and good luck to him! Watford and Hull sack their managers due to shocking league positions but obviously Fat Ron thinks our league position is acceptable and Bruce is the right manager!

Last season was shocking and one win from eleven games with some truly awful performances. F uck off Bruce and do the right thing and resign but oh no - you will wait for the BIG pay day which was the case at every club you have managed!

A lot is said of the Watford owners but they are ruthless and want success - appointing Bilic was a very smart move!

Out of the lot we have had over the last few years or so, he was the one I enjoyed as manager the most.

Should of kept Steve Clark.

None judgemental thoughts. Are we going to have another Bilic thread every time Watford win with a more balanced squad than ours which he had zero influence on recruiting?

If so can we just use this one and balance it against the utter clusterf@ck of his decision to go with Grant as our number one central forward having decided he wanted to add Ivanovic as a third centre back when we didn't have a single wing back in the squad?

Probably not but I just thought I'd ask.......

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    None judgemental thoughts. Are we going to have another Bilic thread every time Watford win with a more balanced squad than ours which he had zero influence on recruiting?

If so can we just use this one and balance it against the utter clusterf@ck of his decision to go with Grant as our number one central forward having decided he wanted to add Ivanovic as a third centre back when we didn't have a single wing back in the squad?

Probably not but I just thought I'd ask.......
    No we can't.

Bilic was brilliant, Grant was a bargain and I am very grateful that he insisted we sign such a non entity and spend 6 years paying for him. I have all my fingers crossed hoping he doesn't come and sign him from us, for what would we do without such a natural finisher.

But, I especially liked the s e x y football Bilic inspired when Sjoke's Gregory saved our season against the bees and we "romped" to promotion in a blaze of glory.

We must have a Watford Bilic saviour thread and it must contain at least one post from boingy saying the club still hadn't spent the shillings he forked out whilst cheering on Jesse Pennington in those halycon days before illegal free fuzzy feeds ruined it for him and he had to pass the baton of "supporting" his local team to some random skint Chinese c ???.

Just roll with nostalgia and block out the s hit bits.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)