+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could ask 2 questions

1) How can we have gone from being unfortunate to only draw the first league game and play so very well v AZ to compiling such a disastrous set of results since, playing utter sh1te in doing so?
    2) Will there be funds available in the January window to sign replacements for some of our underachieving dross to try to stave off another disastrous relegation, i.e. assuming we are not already dead and gone by then?

Can think of loads but these have been on my mind

Why did you give Fox a 2 year contract which results in you maybe having to sack yet another manager if we're rooted at the bottom by January thus confirming our toxic status when you could have given him a caretaker role in the short term?
    Did you offer caretaker and he turned you down?

And if his results don't turn us round and we are rooted at the bottom by January what are you going to do then? Stick with him?

Do you think that the transfer fees generated by the Academy justify the massive investment?

Which stars in the first team do you feel justify the massive investment?

If the investment in the Academy is in your mind justified why has it been unable to produce a top class goalkeeper, central defensive midfielder or striker?

So many questions.

Who's football judgement was used to
    A. Give Peter Pawlett a 3(?) year extension
    B. Give Ian Harkes a one year extension especially after he made us wait ages to sign it?

Forgot this one

Did Craig Sibbald have a medical and if so can I see it

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Forgot this one

Did Craig Sibbald have a medical and if so can I see it
    This. It’s been well publicised that he’s asthmatic and unfortunately got bad Covid. He’s now been left with long Covid and is struggling to put back to back training sessions in, never mind back to back matches. The convicted organised criminal at Livi actually highlighted this last season before he signed for United - no wonder they weren’t in a rush to re-sign him. Much as I have sympathy for Sibbald, at the end of the day football is a business. So it beggars the question - who sanctioned this? And how the actual phuck did he pass his medical? If it’s as bad as it apparently is, then even a basic peak flow test should show up the issues? But here we go, here’s another crock on an extended contract.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    This. It’s been well publicised that he’s asthmatic and unfortunately got bad Covid. He’s now been left with long Covid and is struggling to put back to back training sessions in, never mind back to back matches. The convicted organised criminal at Livi actually highlighted this last season before he signed for United - no wonder they weren’t in a rush to re-sign him. Much as I have sympathy for Sibbald, at the end of the day football is a business. So it beggars the question - who sanctioned this? And how the actual phuck did he pass his medical? If it’s as bad as it apparently is, then even a basic peak flow test should show up the issues? But here we go, here’s another crock on an extended contract.
    Testimonials for him and Pawlett, I wouldn't put it past United. Just like handing out extensions to Chalmers and Glass. All these loan deals to develop players, blah, blah. The first team needs serious development, signing "internationalists" and naming them in a team is not how you build and assemble a team. No flair or dig, just God-awful tip-tappy football going nowhere then launching it forward to then see the opposition hit with pace and go a goal up. Then repeat again and again. The saving grace is full time when the misery is ended.

TA , Can i ask you Tony how are you enjoying the football that we are playing most games, cause in all honesty for me it is a brutal watch.
    Hi What the fk is happening to my club, its in a total mess, how are you going to sort this mess out, there is player that def should been kept, and there is players that for the life of me given new deals when there are total pish, sorry 1 good game in 10 does not cut it with me, the communication between club and fans sorry but its a fk disgrace.

Forget all the above, there really is only 1 question to be asked - where's Shedka

1: For how long am I going to pay ridiculous money to watch the team I LUV play sh*te every week with no idea what they are meant to be doing???

2: For how long am I going to pay ridiculous money to watch the team I LUV play sh*te every week with no idea what they are meant to be doing???

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    1: For how long am I going to pay ridiculous money to watch the team I LUV play sh*te every week with no idea what they are meant to be doing???

2: For how long am I going to pay ridiculous money to watch the team I LUV play sh*te every week with no idea what they are meant to be doing???
    Already made that decision, but ive just been reminded that the game on Saturday is after i finish work and my desire to keep my money in my pocket seems to be wilting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)