+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction League - Crystal Palace v Leeds United Sunday 9th October 2pm

Prediction League - Crystal Palace v Leeds United Sunday 9th October 2pm

We will need to pull our socks up for this one, despite their position they have tightened up of late - not sure of the outcome to be honest - another goalless draw????????????

Palace 1 Leeds 3

Harrison 34

Them 3 Leeds 0
    Eduard 12

2-2 Bambi 33

Palace 1 Leeds 3

Harrison 26

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    We will need to pull our socks up for this one, despite their position they have tightened up of late - not sure of the outcome to be honest - another goalless draw????????????
    Crystal Palace 1-2 Leeds Utd

Reading & been told Calvo that Palace have been playing some well organised football under Vieira this season. They've been exciting & attack-minded & have a better goal differential than many of the PL teams above them but they've drawn 6 of their last 11 games - plenty of old school mates contacting me as I was born & went to school in SE 25 London so I'm getting the feeling they're expecting an easy 3 points !

Looking at latest Palace stats Vieira sure requires his team to use the ball controlling both possession & tempo & doesn't like them conceding possession for sure within his preferred 4-4-3, so with a possession based approach & aggressive higher defending it ain't an easy one for us to combat against. Real handful up front the stats state with Mateta leading their charge alongside wingers Ayew & of course Mr Zaha.

If we can keep focused with our preferred high intensity pressing game I actually think we could 'nick' a result at Selhurst on the counter attack IF we click into our pace & maybe a game that Firpo's pace could be utilised for a better balanced team unit as we're becoming predictable relying on the right when in attack - me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Crystal Palace 1-2 Leeds Utd

Reading & been told Calvo that Palace have been playing some well organised football under Vieira this season. They've been exciting & attack-minded & have a better goal differential than many of the PL teams above them but they've drawn 6 of their last 11 games - plenty of old school mates contacting me as I was born & went to school in SE 25 London so I'm getting the feeling they're expecting an easy 3 points !

Looking at latest Palace stats Vieira sure requires his team to use the ball controlling both possession & tempo & doesn't like them conceding possession for sure within his preferred 4-4-3, so with a possession based approach & aggressive higher defending it ain't an easy one for us to combat against. Real handful up front the stats state with Mateta leading their charge alongside wingers Ayew & of course Mr Zaha.

If we can keep focused with our preferred high intensity pressing game I actually think we could 'nick' a result at Selhurst on the counter attack IF we click into our pace & maybe a game that Firpo's pace could be utilised for a better balanced team unit as we're becoming predictable relying on the right when in attack - me thinks.
    Hope you are right. If they do play like that it should be a good game to watch unlike the Villa method Gerrard has adopted.

SE London, I was on the Southbank for a while, next to the Tate Modern, then up by Sloane Square and a couple of other places in between.

Palace 0 Leeds 2

Rodrigo 48

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Hope you are right. If they do play like that it should be a good game to watch unlike the Villa method Gerrard has adopted.

SE London, I was on the Southbank for a while, next to the Tate Modern, then up by Sloane Square and a couple of other places in between.
    Oh A Sloane Ranger were you up & around the Kings Road !

Rodrigo on 39 mins I reckon - so maybe decent away day for all in Whitehorse Lane side.

[Cos I'm told Vieira's current centre-back Ward is a converted right back and can be caught out in possession as Palace defend high and their central back two move up in line with their full-backs continually to incorporate their smooth passing game style plan.]

Palace v Leeds 2 1
    Arronson 66

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)