+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monty Python Films

Monty Python Films

Had a weekend watching the movies again, lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen Life of Brian know it word for word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2c-X8HiBng - Farcical Aquatic ceremony, violence inherit in the system, watery bint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec0YFUocOpc - Life of Brian the funniest film ever

I’m one of the few I guess but just never found Python remotely funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I'm with you, only watched about 5 minutes of it. Perhaps I should give it another go.

Ditto. I would watch fellow students obviously (so I thought) putting on forced laughter and cracking up at every single thing that was said and done. I just could not understand them. Not my thing.

I never did either! Maybe it’s me but never liked them

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Ditto. I would watch fellow students obviously (so I thought) putting on forced laughter and cracking up at every single thing that was said and done. I just could not understand them. Not my thing.
    I loved Fawlty Towers and Cleese was comic genius in this show and I love “Clockwise” as well.

I remember as a t e e n ager sat watching Python with my dad who said to me, “this is b l o o d y rubbish, put something funny on instead!” 🤣🤣

Aww what's up with you all, Life of Brian is a classic. 😁
    But for some reason, I admit I don't think their series/sketch shows were funny.

Tommy Cooper was another one I never found funny, the stupid grin and the forced laugh.

Michael Palin should’ve just made travel documentaries, he’s good at them, almost as good as Michael Portillo.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Aww what's up with you all, Life of Brian is a classic. 😁
    But for some reason, I admit I don't think their series/sketch shows were funny.
    I agree the series is average but the films (Holy Grail and Life of Brian) are brilliant

Think the series was very hit and miss but found it still worth watching for those moments of surreal genius. Agree with BS that Holy Grail and Life of Brian films were much stronger with far fewer weaknesses. Of course Python itself wasn't entirely a brand new kind of comedy and previous shows like Do Not Adjust Your Set, At last the 1948 show, Beyond the fringe and That was the week that was had given paved the way and featured future Goodies and Pythons as well as Marty Feldman, the 2 Ronnies, David Jason, Jonathan Miller and Pete & Dud.

As for older comedy shows I used to love a lot of Pete & Dud as well as the Goons, although never really got into Hancock (though I liked his turn in the film The Rebel).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)