+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mads Andersen

Mads Andersen

When Mads first came to the club it is fair to say that he did not exactly impress me , I thought he was a liability with a key mistake in his locker every time he played, however I have got to say he has completely won me over , he has taken the captains arm band & wears it with both pride & authority & this is reflecting in his game , he has become a leader & is a rock at the heart of the defence & maybe taking into consideration the players who have been moved on to help balance the books we might just have held on to the most valuable one of the lot & when I say valuable I do not mean in transfer value to the club I actually mean that the value he brings to the team .

Said this two years ago. So glad for him…. What a likeable lad. Hope he gets his reward. Hopefully a Captain that stays for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    When Mads first came to the club it is fair to say that he did not exactly impress me , I thought he was a liability with a key mistake in his locker every time he played, however I have got to say he has completely won me over , he has taken the captains arm band & wears it with both pride & authority & this is reflecting in his game , he has become a leader & is a rock at the heart of the defence & maybe taking into consideration the players who have been moved on to help balance the books we might just have held on to the most valuable one of the lot & when I say valuable I do not mean in transfer value to the club I actually mean that the value he brings to the team .
    I’ll echo all of that Shads, I’ve alway been a Mads fan and the biggest compliment I can pay him is that he plays like he was Barnsley born and bred.

Unfortunately Andersen will be the club's biggest asset to fund the club's cash flow issue in January when the latest £3.2 million equity injection runs out

Having a great season albeit at a lower level , long may it continue .

Improved contract on the table wouldn't go a miss .

Over to you Mads .

He’s gonna go.
    Board will be looking at £3m for Styles and £2m+ for mads.
    That takes us to May and season end.
    After that it’s a lottery.
    If we go up we’re probably ok.
    If we don’t, we go bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    He’s gonna go.
    Board will be looking at £3m for Styles and £2m+ for mads.
    That takes us to May and season end.
    After that it’s a lottery.
    If we go up we’re probably ok.
    If we don’t, we go bust.
    Styles insisted on a release clause amount being put in his contract before he went on loan to Millwall.

Styles wouldn't want it pitched beyond £1.5 to £2 million or he could end up being stuck at Barnsley when he returns. A low release clause amount means buying clubs only have to pay that amount and Styles can negotiate higher wages at the club to which he is being transferred.

Some have claimed it was a master stroke by El Ahmad sending him on loan to Millwall. A can't see it missen.