+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kioso on way back

Kioso on way back

Hearing Kioso on way back pencilled in for a reserve game next Tuesday good news if true slightly ahead of schedule be a welcome addition and be good competition for Norton Cuffy who I know has played every game but maybe we could play him slightly further forward if we revert back to wingers?

I would like us to try 4-3-3 at home, ogbene and washington the wide two of the three, with eaves/kelly in the central role, also means that we can circulate the central 3 as we have 6 central midfielders, can also rotate wood/peltier to play along side Hall, with two others fighting for the position, Harding at right back his natural position and fergie on the left with Bola providing cover, it is a better use of the squad and means we play down the channels.
    Away from home either stick with what has got us points or move to a 4-5-1 with pace wide in the 5, away from home is about keeping it tight and nabbing the odd draw or 0-1 win. If we can be out of the bottom 3 by the world cup and TS backs MT in the january window we could have enough, our defence is quite good

Kioso's been out that long you tend to forget players, shouldn't do but I had forgotten about him.

Yes, he will be a welcome addition back in the ranks. Would Taylor be tempted to rest Brooke Dion Nelson Norton-Cuffy, (try putting that on the back of a shirt), or will Ars.enal wanting him playing every game he can?

As for Kioso/Ogbene/Norton-Cuffy, where does Taylor see these three fitting in? I feel Ogbene has lost his spent force playing up front. Weds night showed us he ain't no centre forward as every long ball (please let's not start to revert to that again) that came his way, he never won a single header nor looked like he wanted to. That isn't where his strength lies.

Taylor will have the great option, if he wanted to, in utilising all three of them throughout a match. We all know Ogbene's true position is out wide on the right and I for one feel he needs to be back out there.Thing is Brooke is looking the stronger player in that role. Time to rest Ogbene when Kioso becomes match fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I would like us to try 4-3-3 at home, ogbene and washington the wide two of the three, with eaves/kelly in the central role, also means that we can circulate the central 3 as we have 6 central midfielders, can also rotate wood/peltier to play along side Hall, with two others fighting for the position, Harding at right back his natural position and fergie on the left with Bola providing cover, it is a better use of the squad and means we play down the channels.
    Away from home either stick with what has got us points or move to a 4-5-1 with pace wide in the 5, away from home is about keeping it tight and nabbing the odd draw or 0-1 win. If we can be out of the bottom 3 by the world cup and TS backs MT in the january window we could have enough, our defence is quite good
    Deby how's things fella? I nearly spit my tea out when I saw you mention Eaves to make up the front three! On weds nights performance he did himself no favours. Too busy straightening his pony tail, adjusting his socks for 30 seconds so they looked straight and pulled upright and worst of all whinging at the Ref for his shirt being pulled. He was blowing out of his arse after two big runs and he'd only just come on the pitch, clearly and lord knows why, he's still not match fit?

Now think back and visualise Smudge. When he got knocked about he gave it back and let them know he was there. Occasionally mentioned it to to the Ref but, all in all he just got on with it. Faster, smarter, more involved. That's what Eaves has got to emulate if he is to be taken in by the Millers fans...and pronto!

Kioso see what he's got to offer. Left side our problem Ferguson he's getting past his sell by date. Bramall I don't rate. Bola we tried to loan him out last window so can't see him having a future here. Hope MT he's found McCart who should be on the left of our back 3.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Kioso see what he's got to offer. Left side our problem Ferguson he's getting past his sell by date. Bramall I don't rate. Bola we tried to loan him out last window so can't see him having a future here. Hope MT he's found McCart who should be on the left of our back 3.
    gru, I'm replying to you as a Mod in a pleasant calm manner unlike some posts you have received of late. I think by now everyone on here knows about your choice of 'dug out' and also McCart at left back but please fella, give it a rest now you've made your point and we've all took it onboard.

Freedom of posting is everyone's right on here but repetitive and getting to the point of nauseating is becoming damn boring. I'm in agreement in giving McCart a try at left back but I'm not constantly banging on about it in every other post.

I trust you've got you lottery on for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Deby how's things fella? I nearly spit my tea out when I saw you mention Eaves to make up the front three! On weds nights performance he did himself no favours. Too busy straightening his pony tail, adjusting his socks for 30 seconds so they looked straight and pulled upright and worst of all whinging at the Ref for his shirt being pulled. He was blowing out of his arse after two big runs and he'd only just come on the pitch, clearly and lord knows why, he's still not match fit?

Now think back and visualise Smudge. When he got knocked about he gave it back and let them know he was there. Occasionally mentioned it to to the Ref but, all in all he just got on with it. Faster, smarter, more involved. That's what Eaves has got to emulate if he is to be taken in by the Millers fans...and pronto!
    Brin, I agree with you I think Eaves was awful, however MT spoke well of him and clearly sees him being the main man up front, I think PW left us with crap up front and the fact we did not push our budget to improve the front line will hit us hard. My idea of 4-3-3 is purely to try something else that may help the midfield get near goal and for us to actually create a chance that isn't from a set piece

Can’t expect Norton-Cuffy to play every game at his age. Kioso should be first choice when fit, he is our player after all.

I did put the link up on the Blackburn thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, I'm replying to you as a Mod in a pleasant calm manner unlike some posts you have received of late. I think by now everyone on here knows about your choice of 'dug out' and also McCart at left back but please fella, give it a rest now you've made your point and we've all took it onboard.

Freedom of posting is everyone's right on here but repetitive and getting to the point of nauseating is becoming damn boring. I'm in agreement in giving McCart a try at left back but I'm not constantly banging on about it in every other post.

I trust you've got you lottery on for tomorrow

Brin I like to see players given a fair chance. McCart & Kelly haven't. For the last time I hope MT has located McCart & he gets the chance he deserves. Harding's next best left side of the defence not Humphreys or Peltier.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast