+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season predictions (2nd look)

Season predictions (2nd look)

Earlier in the season I asked people what position in League 2 they thought the Alex would finish and suggested I would raise the idea again after 10 matches to see if people were prepared to revise those predictions. Well, after 11 (!) league games (+2 cup), here we are.
    In what was, tbh, a limited response, predictions included: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 17th and 18th. There was also a 'safely mid-table'.
    At the moment, at just before the quarter-way stage we are 12th.
    SO.... does anyone want to revise their original forecast, either upward or downward.
    Personally, I'm sticking with 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Earlier in the season I asked people what position in League 2 they thought the Alex would finish and suggested I would raise the idea again after 10 matches to see if people were prepared to revise those predictions. Well, after 11 (!) league games (+2 cup), here we are.
    In what was, tbh, a limited response, predictions included: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 17th and 18th. There was also a 'safely mid-table'.
    At the moment, at just before the quarter-way stage we are 12th.
    SO.... does anyone want to revise their original forecast, either upward or downward.
    Personally, I'm sticking with 11th.
    Based on our performances and points tally after 10 games, the possible total would be 69.9 points
    Lincoln reached the play offs in 2006 with 66 points although the average points needed is 71. So with that in mind I expect a finish of 8th or ninth.

Think original prediction was 9th - if we can keep players off their PlayStations I think we can scrape the playoffs

New prediction 7th

If I'm correct we have picked up 3 points from the teams above us and 13 from teams below (top half and bottom half) from 6 and 5 games resp. This includes playing 4 out of the bottom 5. So I will stick with my prediction of 14th without troubling the top or bottom positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    If I'm correct we have picked up 3 points from the teams above us and 13 from teams below (top half and bottom half) from 6 and 5 games resp. This includes playing 4 out of the bottom 5. So I will stick with my prediction of 14th without troubling the top or bottom positions.

18th at best we are still a very poor side who are making a pigs ear of what looks a poor league very little quality or creativity in the squad major recruitment still required.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    18th at best we are still a very poor side who are making a pigs ear of what looks a poor league very little quality or creativity in the squad major recruitment still required.
    In the eyes of some, every league we play in is a poor league. Truth is, the league is what it is. Not quite as good as league 1, better than the National league. I can't remember exactly what I predicted but I am sure someone will tell me. But I guess it would have been around 10th. Seen nothing to change that opinion

I think I predicted we would finish around 12th, not good enough for the playoffs but rebuilding steadily. We look as if we could achieve this, injuries notwithstanding. I hope that there is no flirtation with the relegation places - just a steady season to help keep my blood pressure down.

I think that I predicted 18th possibly 17th, injuries withstanding I can see us doing slightly better maybe 13th or 14th. Who knows we might even get a few goals from Longy in the second half of the season just like last year!

Well the return of Long would surely make some impact. However, we don't know what Morris would do, if anything, to change his formation. It would be interesting, if only to see a different goalscorer!

Mid table after a flirtation with the edge of the playoffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast