+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truss or Johnson?

Truss or Johnson?

Come back Boris all is forgiven.

After the Johnson years, the country needed a steady hand on the tiller. Especially with all the uncertainty thanks to Putin. Truss and Kwarting are a disaster. They are apparently doing a U Turn on reducing the top rate of tax because it is not popular. No sh*t Sherlock when people are struggling to make ends meet.

Although the media deride Starmer for his lack of charisma, Britain needs a steady Eddy, not some charismatic twit. You may see a Labour Government in two years, BT.

The sad thing is that there will f*ck all left for them to Govern.

Truss, Boris or Starmer, like ear-rings on a pig, makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Truss, Boris or Starmer, like ear-rings on a pig, makes no difference.
    True, sinkov.

I am reminded of the saying of Joseph de Maistre - “Every nation has the Government it deserves”. I think Thomas Jefferson said more or less the same thing.

What does that say about the British public when you look at the state of British politics?

I recall that the anthem of New Labour was “things can only get better”. One hopes, for the sake of Britain and its people, that the new anthem is “things can’t get any worse - fingers crossed”.

We are now contending with a hostile EU bloc, a pair of half-wits running the shop and a majority of voters who are so thick they will still vote Conservative.

I despair I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are now contending with a hostile EU bloc, a pair of half-wits running the shop and a majority of voters who are so thick they will still vote Conservative.

I despair I really do.
    The latest poll has the Tories on 24%, I despair for anyone who thinks this is a majority of voters. I knew they should never have abolished Grammar Schools.

I despair I really do.
    The remaining voters are equally thick and vote Labour, I suppose.

As the saying goes - the people get the Government they deserve. QED.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    The remaining voters are equally thick and vote Labour, I suppose.

As the saying goes - the people get the Government they deserve. QED.
    Obviously less of them S_c because the Tories keep getting voted in by a large percentage of a totally thick and easily led electorate.

a large percentage of a totally thick and easily led electorate.
    Exactly mon ami, at last the penny's dropped, now repeat along with me, 'They should never have abolished Grammar Schools'.

Obviously less of them S_c because the Tories keep getting voted in by a large percentage of a totally thick and easily led electorate.
    And therein lies the nonsense of the “first past the post” system whereby a Party can be elected where more people voted against it rather than for it. Obviously BT, you are a Labour supporter, or have been. That means that your vote counts for nothing at the moment in a so-called democracy.

I really do believe that Britain would make far more progress with consensus politics that many other countries use. If, on a cross party basis, it is agreed to bring back grammar schools, for example, it ceases to be a one party policy and reflects more what the people want or don’t want.

The politics in Britain is too binary - you are either Tory or Labour and never the twain shall meet. That hampers the progress of the country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)