+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truss or Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    And therein lies the nonsense of the “first past the post” system whereby a Party can be elected where more people voted against it rather than for it. Obviously BT, you are a Labour supporter, or have been. That means that your vote counts for nothing at the moment in a so-called democracy.

I really do believe that Britain would make far more progress with consensus politics that many other countries use. If, on a cross party basis, it is agreed to bring back grammar schools, for example, it ceases to be a one party policy and reflects more what the people want or don’t want.

The politics in Britain is too binary - you are either Tory or Labour and never the twain shall meet. That hampers the progress of the country.
    Not for much longer Swiss, when Labour take over they'll bring in PR, which will be rigged, sorry designed, to ensure we never have a Tory government again. That's what so laughable about the current Not The Conservative Party fighting like rats in a sack. The Great British public will never elect a divided party, they are condemning themselves to oblivion, and they really don't seem to realise it, or if they do, they don't care.

I really do believe the UK would be better off if the likes of Jeremy Corbyn and another 350 MPs of the same left-wing persuasion worked together so that human development could flourish when its citizens are allowed and encouraged to engage in cooperative, mutually respectful relations that would surely thrive when excessive differences in status, power, and wealth are addressed and eliminated. (Apologies to an old Sociology professor who said much of the same sort of thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I really do believe the UK would be better off if the likes of Jeremy Corbyn and another 350 MPs of the same left-wing persuasion worked together so that human development could flourish when its citizens are allowed and encouraged to engage in cooperative, mutually respectful relations that would surely thrive when excessive differences in status, power, and wealth are addressed and eliminated. (Apologies to an old Sociology professor who said much of the same sort of thing.)
    Jeremy could set the example and donate some of his reported £3million toward the cause of levelling off, he could even get his 'loaded' wife to chip in. This would certainly help to ease the excessive difference in status, power and wealth.
    'Us' and 'them' springs to mind as it always will, waken up BT, when will you realise that they are ony interested in themselves, whatever political persuasion, whether they are right, left or centre, it does not matter. It is blinkers on and take the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Jeremy could set the example and donate some of his reported £3million toward the cause of levelling off, he could even get his 'loaded' wife to chip in. This would certainly help to ease the excessive difference in status, power and wealth.
    'Us' and 'them' springs to mind as it always will, waken up BT, when will you realise that they are ony interested in themselves, whatever political persuasion, whether they are right, left or centre, it does not matter. It is blinkers on and take the money!
    We might soon get the chance of finding out how a rejuvenated Labour party will perform mein freund...

Attachment 22667

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We might soon get the chance of finding out how a rejuvenated Labour party will perform mein freund...
    I look at Captain Hindsight and the Ginger Growler, and for some reason, 'rejuvenated' is not the first word that springs to mind. So we get Captain Hindsight taking over the wheel of the good ship SS Great Britain, it'll make as much difference as re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic would. Captain Hindsight, Captain Boris, Captain Truss, Captain Corbyn, who fecking cares, grab your life jacket and man the lifeboats, we're going down.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I look at Captain Hindsight and the Ginger Growler, and for some reason, 'rejuvenated' is not the first word that springs to mind. So we get Captain Hindsight taking over the wheel of the good ship SS Great Britain, it'll make as much difference as re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic would. Captain Hindsight, Captain Boris, Captain Truss, Captain Corbyn, who fecking cares, grab your life jacket and man the lifeboats, we're going down.
    I'm hoping there might yet be intelligent signs of life lying somewhere beneath the surface in Starmer's Motley Crew mon ami. I'm not holding my breath though because the dude sounds like a right-wing think tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)