+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Mansfield v Derby

Never mind...‘side show’ football. Warne will have found out a little more and it’ll all be forgotten if the ‘big boys’ beat Port Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Never mind...‘side show’ football. Warne will have found out a little more and it’ll all be forgotten if the ‘big boys’ beat Port Vale.
    Actually good to hear a less than glowing assessment by Warne after the game. Someone not taking a ride on the errors of the past at last

Might have been 2 or 3 ahead at the break. Could have been 3 behind at FT. Awful goal to concede. Why Loach was going towards the near post is a mystery. Despite that probably our best player on the day.

Lovely goal from Dobbin following a great ball from Roberts. Earlier he had an even better chance off a wonderful through ball from Bird but put it wide. Both sides hit the woodwork.

I think he'll put out a less young side against Citeh U21 at PP to ensure we go through as he wants to retain the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Might have been 2 or 3 ahead at the break. Could have been 3 behind at FT. Awful goal to concede. Why Loach was going towards the near post is a mystery. Despite that probably our best player on the day.

Lovely goal from Dobbin following a great ball from Roberts. Earlier he had an even better chance off a wonderful through ball from Bird but put it wide. Both sides hit the woodwork.

I think he'll put out a less young side against Citeh U21 at PP to ensure we go through as he wants to retain the trophy.
    My friend who was there and who’s son is a goalkeeper so focusses on the goalie more than most says Loach was ‘fouled’ by the Mansfield player. A friend of his who sat next to him and is a Mansfield fan described it as ‘skilfully manipulated’ rather than fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    My friend who was there and who’s son is a goalkeeper so focusses on the goalie more than most says Loach was ‘fouled’ by the Mansfield player. A friend of his who sat next to him and is a Mansfield fan described it as ‘skilfully manipulated’ rather than fouled.
    As a former keeper and a qualified keeper's trainer/coach I thought it was a case of 6 and 2 3's. The Mansfield player was "in the way" but wouldn't have been if Loach hadn't tried to go to his near post, a place the ball wasn't going. Why was there no defender there to help Loach out, there usually is when an opposition player is on our keeper? I didn't see Loach complaining and that's what did it for me. No foul IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    As a former keeper and a qualified keeper's trainer/coach I thought it was a case of 6 and 2 3's. The Mansfield player was "in the way" but wouldn't have been if Loach hadn't tried to go to his near post, a place the ball wasn't going. Why was there no defender there to help Loach out, there usually is when an opposition player is on our keeper? I didn't see Loach complaining and that's what did it for me. No foul IMO.
    Fair assessment

Warne mentioned the age gap in players in the squad between the seniors and the youngsters! Hopefully, he'll try to address this in Jan but, in the meantime, significant injuries to key players could prove a problem.
    My particular problem at this juncture, however, is the snidey txts flying in my direction from the Mansfield area.
    Gits!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Warne mentioned the age gap in players in the squad between the seniors and the youngsters! Hopefully, he'll try to address this in Jan but, in the meantime, significant injuries to key players could prove a problem.
    My particular problem at this juncture, however, is the snidey txts flying in my direction from the Mansfield area.
    Gits!!
    They can write! In Mansfield?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    They can write! In Mansfield?
    Lol.

From their gobbledygook it seems NC is flavour of the month at present! He's a good fit there I think, generally I hope they do well (well I did!!). At present it's a case of 🤕!

I'm not overly worried about the age gap thing or any injury/suspensions we might get.

As has been said, Warne will get some 23 to 29 year olds in in January. In the meantime we don't seem to be doing that badly under the circumstances.

With regard to injury or suspension, I think we can happily contend with 3 or 4 of the first XVI being out. The issue will be when we are forced to utilise 6 or more of the fringe players in the starting XI.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)