+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladder compacting

Ladder compacting

Seeing Leicester win tonight just exemplifies how we need to start winning games. Maybe it is just my opinion, but do others see the likes of Palace, Wolves, Leicester, West Ham being serious relegation contenders?...or a fair chance of positively turning their results around before long? 😮

Just been looking at the league as well after tonight's result - we really need to win the game in hand (albeit not one against every team) and a couple more to be comfortable; Sunday the starting point despite my prediction of a draw.

More snakes than ladders…

Leicester are a much better side than their current positions suggests.

One thing for absolute certain is that if we cannot decimate mediocre sides like Villa (missing both their first choice full backs) at home then we may well be in deep sh1te.

Expected us to beat villa, the dropped points at Southampton (being 2 up) and at home to Everton, means 6 points dropped against poor teams, we should be top 6 at present, disappointing.

Well, last season we had Mb problems now another season and here we are same problems. Results are starting to be poor, players are not what was hoped for and same old younger players are not getting game time and others are thriving and won't be getting as much chance.
    Make no mistake this guy won't last long and neither the team. Pat is a good player but ever so slow so playing him LB is madness as is playing other players out of position to suit others. Ayling is just not good enough anymore cause of age and injury the new guy seems to have dropped off the face of the earth so why not play drameh and give him games, We have a kid playing for Italy but somehow he is not good enough for a so and so team.
    I don't get to watch much Live this season due to personal health but watching replays I don't see any improvement.
    Bite the bullet don't play the crap introduce the kids and not for 10 minutes here and there give them games ffs.

I did have high hopes, well mid table hopes anyway, but I got a dose of reality on Sunday.
    Where did it all go wrong from the Chelsea game?
    So once again we are looking for 3 teams more shyte than us.

Think the chelsea game may have given us all false hope, although to be fair it shows what we can do.

Think there are some poor teams in the league this year not to say they don’t have some good players in the

Forest
    Leicester
    Bournemouth
    Wolves
    Southampton

all of those have shown the occasional glimpse of quality but generally seem poor.

West Han seem like a too 10 side so I think wi push up the ladder.

Villa I think have a decent side but are playing a negative game that doesn’t help them.

Not sure how good we are but we definitely have weak areas - such as full backs and have been mixed. I don’t get why Joffy couldn’t make the bench either as he wasn’t injured.

Will give Marach time but not entirely convinced by him much as I want him to succeed.

It smacks of another long drawn out nail biting season for us.

We definitely need to start getting 3 points against bottom half rivals soon.

I've become depressed over Ted's desire to play people that aren't performing at prem level.

You look at some of our players and realize we have some serious talent. Meslier, Aaronson, Adams, Sinstera, Roca and Harrison look the real deal. Koch seems solid when played at CB.

However, we have some real studs at the youth level including Gnoto, Joffy Gyabi along with Grey. Don't think they will play enough

I think the real problem is that we have some a lot of players that just not quite good enough or not good at all that lock up a lot of prem game time. Add to that some players Like bamford that are perpetually injured. It's a scary situation that could land us right back in the relegation battle. we aren't good enough to play and develop the youngsters but our "senior" team is not quite good enough to keep us out of danger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)