+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Newman

Jack Newman

Guy must be sitting on the bench currently thinking WTAF? Let’s put it this way, he surely at least can’t be any worse than any of our other goalkeeping ‘options’.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 04-10-2022 at 09:10 AM.

I've not seen much of Biro but from what I've seen of Eriksson I'm wondering why the big backlash?

Comments like he didn't save the one-on-one, the May goal. Say that had been Siegrist, no such comment. The boy tucked it away neatly, was brave enough to go top corner.
    But Eriksson gets blamed? WTF?
    We have lost 22 league points this season & in my opinion Eriksson has been responsible for zero.
    So why the general. 'he's ****e' all the time?

He's better than Siegrist was at the same stage, some of the boo-boys might remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I've not seen much of Biro but from what I've seen of Eriksson I'm wondering why the big backlash?

Comments like he didn't save the one-on-one, the May goal. Say that had been Siegrist, no such comment. The boy tucked it away neatly, was brave enough to go top corner.
    We have lost 22 league points this season & in my opinion Eriksson has been responsible for zero.

He's better than Siegrist was at the same stage, some of the boo-boys might remember.
    The May goal was 100% not his fault it was a great finish but I absolutely 5hit misel when he comes for crosses as they usually end up with a scrappy punch away and his kicking is really poor.....so apart from that I suppose he's OKish but I'm still not entirely convinced.

spider he's a significant drop in standard as is his instagram liking counterpart

Only one person on this forum said the May goal was his fault?

If you've been watching Utd at all while he's been in goals, then you'll have seen how much of a bombscare he is.

Wouldn't mind seeing Newman given a shot. He's a good size for a keeper. If Fox is true to his word, then if he's good enough, he's old enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing Newman given a shot. He's a good size for a keeper. If Fox is true to his word, then if he's good enough, he's old enough.
    Competition for places is healthy. Why then does Harkes start all the time? Mr Fox show us your teeth and drop the underperforming players, that's what a squad is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Competition for places is healthy. Why then does Harkes start all the time? Mr Fox show us your teeth and drop the underperforming players, that's what a squad is for.
    He's only been in charge one game but has already shown he'll do so by dropping Watt, so I'd say give him a chance on that front. I think we'll be seeing Meekison coming in for Harkes soon.

That change should definitely happen this week.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Only one person on this forum said the May goal was his fault?

If you've been watching Utd at all while he's been in goals, then you'll have seen how much of a bombscare he is.
    I'd be very surprised if you didn't say the same thing about Siegrist at one point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)