+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dan Ashworth

Dan Ashworth

I wish we’d got him back after he left the England job. He’d have sorted this sh it show out well in advance.. but under Lai maybe not.

To be honest Regis, I’d have offered Ashworth £3m or more a year and a cut of transfer profits........I believe he is THAT good.

I’d put him in charge of ALL footballing operations and let him pick the manager and the coaching staff at all levels.

He’s probably worth £10m a year or more as a total package.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    To be honest Regis, I’d have offered Ashworth £3m or more a year and a cut of transfer profits........I believe he is THAT good.

I’d put him in charge of ALL footballing operations and let him pick the manager and the coaching staff at all levels.

He’s probably worth £10m a year or more as a total package.
    Totally agree. To think we had players such as Anichibe et al (sure Ashworth wasn’t here with us then), but the number of terrible players we’ve had i’m sure Ashworth would have wised up to all that nonsense or spotted potential issues. We were lucky to have DA.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Totally agree. To think we had players such as Anichibe et al (sure Ashworth wasn’t here with us then), but the number of terrible players we’ve had i’m sure Ashworth would have wised up to all that nonsense or spotted potential issues. We were lucky to have DA.

Grant - 15 million
    Zohorse - 8 million
    Burke - 15 million
    Diangana - 15 million

I wouldn’t have paid more than 10 million for all four s hit players! Around 53 million for f uck
    sake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Grant - 15 million
    Zohorse - 8 million
    Burke - 15 million
    Diangana - 15 million

I wouldn’t have paid more than 10 million for all four s hit players! Around 53 million for f uck
    sake!!!
    That is crazy money Al, give less than 10% of that to Dan and we’d do far better in our recruiting department both for player and new managers. To think since he left, we got in Pardew, Pulis and Bruce is crazy. Only Bilic was an exception and so was Moore (as a club we probably felt right to offer our former player the job).

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    That is crazy money Al, give less than 10% of that to Dan and we’d do far better in our recruiting department both for player and new managers.......
    True, I probably could to be fair 😊 😉 .

Ashworth would be the ideal person to do a buy out of Albion.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)