+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ......and Gillingham

......and Gillingham

So... a team that has achieved 2 draws and scored only 1 goal away from home plus have Mandron and Kashket in their ranks only meant one thing in the past. However, I can't see us losing this one. Problem is though, the Gills don't concede many goals per game so it will be interesting to see if Morris has any ideas to tweak things.
    I suppose a lot will depend on whether our X-Box fox in the box plays.
    I know it won't happen but I would play a full press on Saturday. A team that seems determined to defend shouldn't be allowed any time on the ball and only by pushing forward will we have enough players in the box to create real chances.
    If CBR plays I'm going for 1-0. If not, 2-0. (My attempt at counter-intuitive thinking although we scored a few goals without him at the beginning of the season.)

I am going for a 0-2 loss Kashkett and Mandron as scorers.

Behave yourself Wartman, I thought that I was a pessimist. I'm going 2-1. I've not been keeping track all week, is there any news on CBR?

Morris has said...'the weekend may be too soon for his return...'. Of course he may just be bull****ting for the purpose of keeping the opposition in the dark but who knows? He was definite about his availability for the Tranmere game.
    So 4-4-2/4-3-1-2 for me : usual back 5 (or possibly Adebisi at LB for extra width); Brook, Thomas, King, Uwakwe; Agyei, Sambou. Brook occasionally coming off the wing to support/supply the front two. If Adebisi were playing Uwakwe could occasionally do the same. Mellor has no problem doing overlaps.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Behave yourself Wartman, I thought that I was a pessimist. I'm going 2-1. I've not been keeping track all week, is there any news on CBR?

The dreadful performances continue as we slide down the table a manager unable to affect the games from the bench which contains a pretty poor bunch I will continue to say it and people will argue where is the money coming from but the club has to find it we need more quality and experience, we are closer to the bottom than the top and when we get done by Tranmere next Friday we will be 16th or 17th the alarm bells should be ringing very loudly we need more men as Lord Elrond famously said to Aragorn.

I take it Brook was injured. An awful game. No intensity. We need to be much more positive going forward. Brook would have been better at taking the ball forward.
    Whatever, we're not going to progress until the default move stops being backwards.

A poor game, representative of the division I'm afraid, a point on the board I suppose, but my biggest worry was the gate 3809, the difference from Div 1 financially is marked, we need at least another 2k through the gate so we can be competitive.