+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Langstaff

Yep 600K clause in the contract but only applies to Real Madrid.

Sounds plausible. Agenda item 1) streaming, agenda item 2) promotion places, agenda item 3) Langstaff’s release clause.

Wouldn’t be a surprise if he did have something in there, but the absolute worst that can happen is we have to sell a player we’ve had for six months for 10 or 15x more than we bought him for. Not a bad position to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Sounds plausible. Agenda item 1) streaming, agenda item 2) promotion places, agenda item 3) Langstaff’s release clause.

Wouldn’t be a surprise if he did have something in there, but the absolute worst that can happen is we have to sell a player we’ve had for six months for 10 or 15x more than we bought him for. Not a bad position to be in.
    I assume we'd have a sell-on to Gateshead as well.

Also, £600k is STILL a gamble, despite his start to the season. Not many clubs below the championship have that sort of money. Might be different if he's hit 30 by the end of January,

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I assume we'd have a sell-on to Gateshead as well.

Also, £600k is STILL a gamble, despite his start to the season. Not many clubs below the championship have that sort of money. Might be different if he's hit 30 by the end of January,
    £600k is a lot. There’s a handful of clubs at most outside the Championship who could afford it.

Interesting one. Vardy went to Leicester for 1m after a 30 goal season.

Tshimanga was rumoured to be leaving in the last window for 'under 1m' (nobody knows how much under) after two good seasons but with the bad injury.

With Langstaff coming off a 30+ goal season in NLN and heading for another one here, I think there would be buyers at 600k and above.

If the clause is real, hopefully we're already renegotiating it.

Langstaff is scoring goals, winning games, having fun , repaying the club and all whilst his (transfer) stock bounds and leaps forward since he signed just a few months ago.

He should be in no rush to do anything other than keep scoring, aiming for a promotion on his CV, and realise his dream of playing league football.

If he wishes to reassess in the summer so be it but he shouldn't want to disrupt this season regardless of the financial gain. If he backs himself that will come and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Langstaff is scoring goals, winning games, having fun , repaying the club and all whilst his (transfer) stock bounds and leaps forward since he signed just a few months ago.

He should be in no rush to do anything other than keep scoring, aiming for a promotion on his CV, and realise his dream of playing league football.

If he wishes to reassess in the summer so be it but he shouldn't want to disrupt this season regardless of the financial gain. If he backs himself that will come and then some.
    I don’t see him going Jan, firstly Notts won’t let him go unless there is a clause and secondly it would be better for Langstaff to wait till summer and have time to bed in somewhere as he did Notts.

Well according to some Wrexham fans, they don't see what all the hype is over Langstaff. He doesn't hold the ball up well and not a good all rounder, is he in our team to do that?
    Don't think so

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/w...-1-0-a-28.html

It just cements my thoughts of how ignorant, arrogant some Wrexham fans are with a general lack of football knowledge
    Notts are also weaker this year than last apparently with a dodgy defence
    A dodgy defence that they couldn't score against.
    To most of them, they've already got the league sewn up, if this is based on what i saw Tuesday night (which according to their fans was a great performance) then I'd beg to differ
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-10-2022 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

It’s all BS. I don’t understand why anyone is taking this seriously? There is zero chance that any player contracts are discussed outside of a club let alone at a league meeting.
    I also don’t believe there is any release clause. Think about it. Who would have asked for that clause to be input into a 3 year contract? Notts? No chance. Langstaff? He is playing at the highest level he has ever played, probably on the best money he has been on, most definitely on the longest contract to date. I know he has ambitions to play higher, but he doesn’t come across as arrogant enough to demand a release clause.

So in summary, I repeat my first sentence. It’s BS

I honestly don't know why people care what a username in Wrexham thinks of a Notts player.

I'm pretty sure there is an arrogance and general lack of football knowledge on display at all football clubs#viva

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast