+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Langstaff

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It’s all BS. I don’t understand why anyone is taking this seriously? There is zero chance that any player contracts are discussed outside of a club let alone at a league meeting.
    I also don’t believe there is any release clause. Think about it. Who would have asked for that clause to be input into a 3 year contract? Notts? No chance. Langstaff? He is playing at the highest level he has ever played, probably on the best money he has been on, most definitely on the longest contract to date. I know he has ambitions to play higher, but he doesn’t come across as arrogant enough to demand a release clause.

So in summary, I repeat my first sentence. It’s BS
    Didn’t we only get him for 50 grand cos he had a release clause in his Gateshead contract? If he had one there it’s likely he’s got one here. One would hope it can’t be triggered in the first year or by a team in this league.

Other than that, let’s hope it is bs.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I honestly don't know why people care what a username in Wrexham thinks of a Notts player.

I'm pretty sure there is an arrogance and general lack of football knowledge on display at all football clubs#viva
    I don't really care what they think, i find it interesting reading other fans views on their forums
    But obviously, when you go to watch Notts week in week out home and away, it annoys me when people spout rubbish after only seeing snippets or highlights of action

That used to make me smile to myself when reading on an excellent general football forum covering each league you would regularly read things along the lines of "not sure what all the fuss is about {insert team name / star player name} they/he was rubbish against us, they/he's overrated"

Anyone who judges a team or player on just one or two games should at best not be taken seriously, or less favourably highlighted and laughed at.

Thankfully I'm sure you will find more balanced views on all forums including Wrexhams

Wouldn't these teams be more interested in Mullin?? Scoring goals although not as many this season as Langstaff but has football league experience so less of a gamble.

It's all bull s***e from the scared Wrexham fans

I'm sure Langstaff would rather have another promotion on his CV

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Wouldn't these teams be more interested in Mullin?? Scoring goals although not as many this season as Langstaff but has football league experience so less of a gamble.

It's all bull s***e from the scared Wrexham fans

I'm sure Langstaff would rather have another promotion on his CV
    Not sure Mullin would endear himself to some managers. He went from a league 1 side to national League and only has one season of being prolific in the EFL. He chased the money and you can't blame him but he's not going to get the money he's on at a league club as he's not proven above league 2 and he's 27 already

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Didn’t we only get him for 50 grand cos he had a release clause in his Gateshead contract? If he had one there it’s likely he’s got one here. One would hope it can’t be triggered in the first year or by a team in this league.

Other than that, let’s hope it is bs.
    I’m not sure there was a release clause. My understanding is that Gateshead couldn’t compete with us financially (my assumption is wages)… and once we came knocking they didn’t feel they could stand in his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    I don't really care what they think, i find it interesting reading other fans views on their forums.
    Me too. As Tom Jones once said, it’s not unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Me too. As Tom Jones once said, it’s not unusual.
    Who cares ?
    After ten minutes scouring that RedPassion board I just couldn't take any more.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Langstaff is scoring goals, winning games, having fun , repaying the club and all whilst his (transfer) stock bounds and leaps forward since he signed just a few months ago.

He should be in no rush to do anything other than keep scoring, aiming for a promotion on his CV, and realise his dream of playing league football.

If he wishes to reassess in the summer so be it but he shouldn't want to disrupt this season regardless of the financial gain. If he backs himself that will come and then some.
    I think you're dead wrong on that laddo. He was released by York in the NL North only just over a year ago so knows the downside and fickle nature of non league football and was happy to leave his home in the North East and a promotion winning team to better himself so his loyalty is to himself and his career. If Peterborough offered him L1 football, a nice fat signing on fee and a pay rise I'm pretty sure he'd leave.
    Nothing wrong with that, it's the nature of the business he's in.

You could be right and there is no way of knowing. There is no definitive right or wrong approach/decision IMO. IB got offered L1, and no doubt a better financial package and he rightly jumped.

Personally I'm glad he knows the downside and fickle nature of football. I also have no problem when he leaves. However he has momentum, he's red hot and onto a very good thing currently and getting noticed. Unless he doesn't back himself to continue doing what he's doing a Peterborough or similar could offer all those things in the summer, or the following January. If he carries on as he is then it could easily be a level up from a Posh or a Barnsley with a fatter signing on fee and bigger weekly wage.

No rush Macaulay

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123