+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Langstaff

Langstaff

Wrexham fans saying on Twiiter he has a 600k release clause, apparently discussed at the last National League board meeting. Surely got to be BS, i don't see why the club would agree to such a low figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Wrexham fans saying on Twiiter he has a 600k release clause, apparently discussed at the last National League board meeting. Surely got to be BS, i don't see why the club would agree to such a low figure...
    Presumably it’ll be on the minutes of the meeting wherever they’re published.

Quite amusing how much they’ve spent and they’re sh!tting their pants about a bloke who cost 50 grand.

Why would the National League be discussing the release terms of one player at one of their member clubs at an official meeting? Unless it was mentioned unofficially of course and has somehow been made known.

Hopefully it's not true, but I don't even think the board expected this kind of start, so that may have been a realistic figure at the time.

Also, release clause doesn't mean he has to agree to a move (although a move a couple of leagues up would be hard to turn down and if the clause is in there, it would have been him/his agent that insisted on it).

Offer him an extra grand a week now to double the clause, if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Hopefully it's not true, but I don't even think the board expected this kind of start, so that may have been a realistic figure at the time.

Also, release clause doesn't mean he has to agree to a move (although a move a couple of leagues up would be hard to turn down and if the clause is in there, it would have been him/his agent that insisted on it).

Offer him an extra grand a week now to double the clause, if that's the case.
    I can’t see the brothers selling him in January (unless there is a clause and he wants to go) promotion would be more valuable than what we would get for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Presumably it’ll be on the minutes of the meeting wherever they’re published.

Quite amusing how much they’ve spent and they’re sh!tting their pants about a bloke who cost 50 grand.
    Personally i don't believe it, just thought i'd share it. There's one Wrexham fan that is adamant 600k is his release clause though, and that League 1 clubs are already looking at him. I think he's saying this more out of hope tbh. As you say it's funny that they're quite clearly petrified of Langstaff already...

Surely people aren't believing this B.S

His agent would be touting out that figure to interested clubs, it wouldn't be discussed in a board meeting

Langstaff's on fire
    Wrexham fans are terrified
    Na na na na na nanna na na na na na

Of course some are. There are plenty who believe owt that's posted on the interweb.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast