+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early kick off time for winter

Early kick off time for winter

I won’t make it as i work when Dee at home to allow me time off when away, will be end for me if they agree to it, any word on season ticket refunds

Why is this being talked about? Seems very very unfair if the times are changed from traditional 3pm Saturday. It's bad enough when games are moved to suit TV schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Why is this being talked about? Seems very very unfair if the times are changed from traditional 3pm Saturday. It's bad enough when games are moved to suit TV schedules.
    These times won’t move back in the following winter, I don’t see energy prices coming down to last years prices ever again

3 pm kick off were introduced so the working man who worked till around 1pm every Saturday every week not overtime then could get to the game , still loads of people working till at least 1pm on Saturdays included in their contracts not optional, so no way it should be moved , agree with Jdfc , if they do moved it those with season tickets should be offered refunds

I do not understand why the Championship clubs including ourselves are having a consultation about moving the Saturday kickoff time from 3pm to 12.45pm to save money.
    The electricity and gas prices have been set in the price cap for businesses until the beginning of April 2023.
    If the Championship clubs want to save money on electricity costs they should tell BBC Scotland to stop televising their games live on a Friday evening with a 7.45m kick off time which reduces the attendance plus income from Hospitality, kiosks, halt time draw etc.
    I remember Spoofer saying that the lunchtime kickoff for Dundee home games televised on live on SKY used to hit the income the club received from Hospitality.

More about streaming I think. Maybe get 200 itc fans at game at 3 pm, and 500 streaming at 12.30. If they think they will make money,they will do it

I remember going to Dens before we got the floodlights. Can't remember the exact KO time but it got dark before 3 pm in the winter so game must have started about 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    More about streaming I think. Maybe get 200 itc fans at game at 3 pm, and 500 streaming at 12.30. If they think they will make money,they will do it
    Think you have raised an important issue about streaming. not sure the clubs will make money out of it. I read regular comments about VPN and free streaming, admittedly of a very low quality.

During the minors strike in 73 games kicked off at 1.30 ish , really poor attendance for most games , in fact the week after we won the league cup only just over 4K turned up to see the team show off the cup at an 1.30 kick off , really poor attendance when the season before we were averaging more than 6k ,

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    During the minors strike in 73 games kicked off at 1.30 ish , really poor attendance for most games , in fact the week after we won the league cup only just over 4K turned up to see the team show off the cup at an 1.30 kick off , really poor attendance when the season before we were averaging more than 6k ,
    Must've been really bad if the kids went on strike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)