+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always to be expected

Always to be expected

Another late equaliser robs us of three points..Mid table mediocracy this season if we can't defend .. ah well back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Another late equaliser robs us of three points..Mid table mediocracy this season if we can't defend .. ah well back to the drawing board.
    alf, it was painful to watch. Benson spent more time going back towards his own goal than he did going forward. Never mind, it was very pretty so the fans should all be happy because we didn't lose.

Yes Sub,it was.Thats nearly 10 points we've chucked away to soft/late goals.

One bonus from that is that we know that the rotation of players works very well ---we can manage a draw with almost any of them.
    Mind you, I have to ask how we had two players cautioned for our first two fouls, which were just straight forward mistomed tackles, whereas it was their 11th foul before he got the card out and one of them was the pull on Tella which he just ignored altogether!
    Last edited by Supersub6; 05-10-2022 at 09:06 PM.

He wasn't the best ref Ashy,gave us phook all.

I am becoming concerned that we are not scoring enough goals considering the amount of possession we have had in the games so far. We look to have enough fire power to score but it seemed tonight we were far to slow in moving the ball forwards. At the end we were caught lacking, and this is not for the first time.

I may be worth using a back line of Lowton, Harwood-Bellis, Bayer and Taylor for the last minutes of the game. We have enough substitutes to replace Roberts and Vittiniho / Maatson with 15 minutes to go.

Kompany need to manage the game better,
    Personally I think we are not good enough defensively to see out game, so stop this BS of foot off the gas and go score a second.
    If Kompany insists on attempting to see out 1 goal leads then he needs to signal to get back to 5 flat at the back and make some defensive subs.. what a crap sub Benson for Gudmonson was, and the other crap winger who just came on and gave the ball away.. neither added to attack, but hindered ball retention and offered nothing defensively.. So what was Kompanys game plan... either way to see out the game it was crap, and to push on for a second was also crap with these subs...

My patience is fast running out. Me and the lad have ditched the Coventry plans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My patience is fast running out. Me and the lad have ditched the Coventry plans.
    Oh, and I was only just thinking (wicked person that I am) of sending you to Coventry! Now all my hopes dangly by the threadloder and ploddy ploddy down the drainly hatchbode. On a serious note I was contemplating a home defeat by Stoke so at least we picked up another point. Just one defeat in 12 league games keeps us very much in the frame. I am sure VK can see exactly the same problems we can and hopefully he will in due course be bringing us deep joy in all our plenty charibold.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Oh, and I was only just thinking (wicked person that I am) of sending you to Coventry! Now all my hopes dangly by the threadloder and ploddy ploddy down the drainly hatchbode. On a serious note I was contemplating a home defeat by Stoke so at least we picked up another point. Just one defeat in 12 league games keeps us very much in the frame. I am sure VK can see exactly the same problems we can and hopefully he will in due course be bringing us deep joy in all our plenty charibold.
    A quarter of the season gone and VK is still no nearer knowing what his best eleven is or how to deploy them.

No idea what "charibold" is Sir Outwood but don't bet the ranch on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)