+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    New manager why not switch back to what was the home dugout. I won't mention it again. More interested in how MT gets the best out of the players he's got here up.to January then see if he can move some on & in positions we are weak in bring players in.

Before last night he said he wasn't going to change anything which he didn't incl' same starting 11 from last Saturday. Now he's seen changes are needed that could mean not only team selection.

Manager needs to make his stamp here. Going to say it for starters get back in the home dugout! He won't have selected that side. Get McCart out of Pringle's cupboard! he's got the ability to be mentioned in the same breath as BP. I can't believe Humphreys & Peltier are in front of McCart when selecting the side. Bramall can't even take a corner along with Eaves both terrible signings. To keep picking points up while January window feel we've got to go 4-5-1. Harding Hall Wood or Peltier McCart back 4 Norton-Cuffy Wiles Barlaser Rathbone or Odoffin Chieo across middle Chieo or Norton-Cuffy wide left. Kelly up front.
    Of course he selected that side, but did you seriously expect it to be any different for his first game? It's going to take some time for him to properly assess what he's got to work with and we have to be patient.

Positives...
    That's as bad as we've played all season. Rudderless, lacking up front etc. etc, all of which lays bare what the main problems are. On the face of it, MT is a canny manager and will get onto it. He needed to see that.
    Wiles looked more up for it. He didn't have a good game but he didn't hide.
    Effort generally was there, but it was all disjointed and lacking in confidence. Hopefully MT is a good motivator, if he is, he'll get them back on track.
    Millwall should have waltzed it 3-1 but they didn't. From what I've seen so far, this league isn't as good as previous seasons. We don't look massively out of our league.
    It's still the best squad of players we've ever had. They've not suddenly become crap overnight.
    Poor performance, but we ground out a point.
    MT had the sense to sit in the "away" dug-out so that he could get in the lino's ear. Pretty much like Warne did.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    Of course he selected that side, but did you seriously expect it to be any different for his first game? It's going to take some time for him to properly assess what he's got to work with and we have to be patient.

Positives...
    That's as bad as we've played all season. Rudderless, lacking up front etc. etc, all of which lays bare what the main problems are. On the face of it, MT is a canny manager and will get onto it. He needed to see that.
    Wiles looked more up for it. He didn't have a good game but he didn't hide.
    Effort generally was there, but it was all disjointed and lacking in confidence. Hopefully MT is a good motivator, if he is, he'll get them back on track.
    Millwall should have waltzed it 3-1 but they didn't. From what I've seen so far, this league isn't as good as previous seasons. We don't look massively out of our league.
    It's still the best squad of players we've ever had. They've not suddenly become crap overnight.
    Poor performance, but we ground out a point.
    MT had the sense to sit in the "away" dug-out so that he could get in the lino's ear. Pretty much like Warne did.

Maybe someone upset his wife pre match and that was the reason he used the 'away dugout'?

We have options to change the defence if need be ,likewise in midfield but up front we are limited to a very small number.I'd be surprised if Kelly is not used at Blackburn because what we have tried so far ,clearly isn't working.Could we try and find an out of contract striker? I know there can be problems with that but we are desperate for a bit quality in that department.I read where Tony Mowbray was looking at an out of contract striker,maybe we could have a good look at that market.It is such a shame Warney didn't get that striker in because I do believe the rest of the squad is more than capable of playing at this level.I have every confidence in our new manager understanding what needs to be done.

New manager why not switch back to what was the home dugout. I won't mention it again. More interested in how MT gets the best out of the players he's got here up.to January then see if he can move some on & in positions we are weak in bring players in.
    You promised so stop it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    If he uses the same dugout as PW, will you finally accept that it's nothing to do with an incident involving Warne's wife and strike this subject off all future posts please?
    Yes if Matt sits in the same dugout Warney used before he left that's history won't mention it again.
    And yet you persist with the same tripe! If there was any doubt before, you've now convinced anyone whose bothered that you are a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    And yet you persist with the same tripe! If there was any doubt before, you've now convinced anyone whose bothered that you are a troll.

Troll that's words kids use! I'm getting told again about this tactical genius our former manager was but then you look at some of players he's brought in next to useless that's my answer to that.

Player selection (acquisition) is different to tactics.

It is hard to see what he saw in Eaves, he looks like a League 2 striker ATM, but maybe he is just unfit.

Troll that's words kids use! I'm getting told again about this tactical genius our former manager was but then you look at some of players he's brought in next to useless that's my answer to that.
    Would you describe yourself as a tactical genius?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast