+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

I think that the reason why Eaves came on in front of Kelly was the management will have seen play before and knew what he’s about.

Kelly has only had bits of games so MT won’t know him that well.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I think that the reason why Eaves came on in front of Kelly was the management will have seen play before and knew what he’s about.

Kelly has only had bits of games so MT won’t know him that well.
    I agree, Eaves has years of Football League experience, Kelly has fewer than 10 sub appearances. Taylor has probably just played it safe in his first game and gone with the experience, can't really blame him for that. I'm sure if he watches Kelly in training and thinks he's better than Eaves then he'll play him in front of Eaves.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Eaves has 72 goals in 318 appearances, which means a goal every 4.4 games which means he should score 10 goals in the league this season.
    gf, with respect, if Eaves delivers that kind of performance going forward, he wont score five goals all season never mind ten. Yes we all want him to get up to speed asap and be endeared by the Millers following but just to look at the enthusiasm and effort Kelly puts in when he comes on. He's in the oppositions faces non stop, runs his blood to water and given the opportunity, he scores. Kelly deserves a start next match or at least more than a ten minute cameo role at the end of a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gf, with respect, if Eaves delivers that kind of performance going forward, he wont score five goals all season never mind ten. Yes we all want him to get up to speed asap and be endeared by the Millers following but just to look at the enthusiasm and effort Kelly puts in when he comes on. He's in the oppositions faces non stop, runs his blood to water and given the opportunity, he scores. Kelly deserves a start next match or at least more than a ten minute cameo role at the end of a match.
    I said he should I didn't say he would.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I agree, Eaves has years of Football League experience, Kelly has fewer than 10 sub appearances. Taylor has probably just played it safe in his first game and gone with the experience, can't really blame him for that. I'm sure if he watches Kelly in training and thinks he's better than Eaves then he'll play him in front of Eaves.
    Taylor has said that there maybe changes for tomorrow and is looking forward to having a week training without a match.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Taylor has said that there maybe changes for tomorrow and is looking forward to having a week training without a match.
    Ditch the 3-5-2...- it's not working.
    Try 3-4-1-2, incremental changes at all times.

A plea to Taylor, please don’t play the long high ball like Weds night unless you’re playing the big men up front.

Said 4-5-1 Chieo he's a winger give our captain a rest & if needs be Norton-Cuffy

Victor or Vickers

Harding Hall Peltier McCart

Chieo or Norton-Cuffy Wiles Odoffin or Lindsay Barlaser Ferguson or Chieo

Washington Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Said 4-5-1 Chieo he's a winger give our captain a rest & if needs be Norton-Cuffy

Victor or Vickers

Harding Hall Peltier McCart

Chieo or Norton-Cuffy Wiles Odoffin or Lindsay Barlaser Ferguson or Chieo

Washington Kelly

Sorry just Kelly up front.

Not sure how the 352 is not working godsend. were in the championship. We have lost 2 games from the 11. We have the 3rd best defence record only conceding 9 goals.
    Imagine if warne had bought a couple of goal scoring strikers where we could be. Instead were scratching about trying to work out which is best from Kelly, eaves and Washington.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast