+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost count....

Lost count....

...of the number of times Burnley had possession in the opposition third BUT HAD NOBODY IN THE PENALTY BOX. It's as if they have instructions not to try to score.

Agreed Chas,noticed that myself,can't cross a ball to an attack thats full of " Peter Bradys" can we? Numerous times we had to pass the ball back to nearly the half way line.. not good enough!

I noticed it also we dominate midfield and the final third and the wings with the overlap.. but tbh JayRod and nutella both drop deep and act as exta mid players a lot of the time, I think we will improve but these players need to judge when we are dominating midfield to take more risks with runs into the box.#
    I think we will improve, but I would like a striker or two in January we need more pace and height, strength.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Agreed Chas,noticed that myself,can't cross a ball to an attack thats full of " Peter Bradys" can we? Numerous times we had to pass the ball back to nearly the half way line.. not good enough!
    Ah yes, alf, however, we keep possession and that is all that matters these days. Goals are no longer important, the most important statistic is how much possession you have had. I find it very sad and is like watching paint dry.
    MInd you I remember Ray Pointer, Willie Irvine, Andy Lochhead, Billy Hamilton and they wouldn't score these days because the ball rarely comes into the box.

I found the game utterly boring Ashy,crossfield passing that got us nowhere ..Stoke were schite,if we had have played a few more through balls or got some centres across instead of all those useless corners it might have been better..All that possession and no end result..Thank goodness I'm not a season ticket holder ,feel sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I found the game utterly boring Ashy,crossfield passing that got us nowhere ..Stoke were schite,if we had have played a few more through balls or got some centres across instead of all those useless corners it might have been better..All that possession and no end result..Thank goodness I'm not a season ticket holder ,feel sorry for them.
    I was at this $hitfest, believe me when I tell you a better team than Stoke would have murdered us, they were clean through three times and somehow managed to f*ck it up every time.

I just do not see the point of possession football if there is no end product.

It's a good job the cat has gone out.

The major problem from both last season and this is we have no natural goal scorer and it tells. Strikers as we know are not easy to find but we must solve this issue are we will not progress. Oppositions know they can fashion chances out of us so they will score and then we are screwed. You can see now how they are going to set up against us. It's a repeat event every game now On the positive side the German CB is real player and looks a find.

Dominating possession is one thing, doing something with it is another.

The build up is too slow, allowing teams like Stoke to get everyone behind the ball. We then have to try to find a way through to break them down. We are not good at that. I don’t recall any runs in behind last night.

We are predictable with players like Benson and JGB who 99 times out of 100 want to come inside. There was nothing on the left wing last night. Tella and Vitinho might as well as stayed at home. The opposition have worked out very quickly how we now play. Any surprise factor has been lost.

Defensively, I don’t know what is going on. We looked nervy on the few occasions that Stoke got forward. We seem to struggle with simple crosses into the box. None of the goals conceded have come from moments of brilliance from the opposition.

As sinkov said earlier in the week - patience is required. It is a work in progress and there is still a long way to go.

I am enjoying the season.Far better than watching hoof and hope.However frustrating it is sometimes, I would rather see us playing the ball around and dominating posession rather than sitting deep and just trying to stop the opposition scoring.it was soul destroying last season.I am confident that when Twine returns we will be much better up front.We are a work in progress with 16 new players and I never expected us to be where we are and on an unbeaten run at this stage.Patience is required.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22674[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I am enjoying the season.Far better than watching hoof and hope.However frustrating it is sometimes, I would rather see us playing the ball around and dominating posession rather than sitting deep and just trying to stop the opposition scoring.it was soul destroying last season.I am confident that when Twine returns we will be much better up front.We are a work in progress with 16 new players and I never expected us to be where we are and on an unbeaten run at this stage.Patience is required.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22674[/ATTACH
    Hate to disagree CiB but the VK revolution is losing momentum. There were a mighty lot of pi$$ed of punters at Turf Moor last night.

Charlie Taylor is 100 times a better left back than Vitinho, and Zamoury is a potent natural left winger.

We need to revert back to 4-4-2 and still play football instead of hoofball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)