+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: He’s got the Luton game then

He’s got the Luton game then

Unbelievably he’s still taking the games Saturday. What a joke. This club is done.

Absolutely shambolic!!!!!!

The fat c unt does not want to be seen as owning up to the appointment of his pal!

And will probably get another one after we lose vs Luton… 🫣

It will be interesting to see how many turn up for the Luton game. I mean spectators, although I suppose the same could be said of the players!

This is the death spiral.

I’ve come to the opinion today that Lai has made the decision not to pay any more managers and staff off who are under contract.

I think that what we are seeing here is Lai riding this horse until we are almost in oblivion and recouping what he can even if we drop into League Two, he’ll then sell up what’s left at that point ie. heritage, ground, League status.

It’s either that or he’s decided to ride us until we go bust.

I think we might well be looking at a “Phoenix club” starting up again and playing Lye Town and Tividale in 3 or 4 years time.

Some decent local derbies at least I guess!

Another rail strike Saturday, so I wont be going

Well if the world wasn't preoccupied with Putin's war, we would most certainly talking about the dire condition of the second biggest economy in the world and the biggest factory in the world. China is a gathering pace car crash that we are not bothering with for now. But it is next.
    Domestic demand is starting to tank and the property crash is been disguised by Covid of all things.
    Lai is in real trouble and that spells really bad news for Albion.
    A distressed sale could be on the cards but it won't be pretty for a few years.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Well if the world wasn't preoccupied with Putin's war, we would most certainly talking about the dire condition of the second biggest economy in the world and the biggest factory in the world. China is a gathering pace car crash that we are not bothering with for now. But it is next.
    Domestic demand is starting to tank and the property crash is been disguised by Covid of all things.
    Lai is in real trouble and that spells really bad news for Albion.
    A distressed sale could be on the cards but it won't be pretty for a few years.....
    Well said Dubs, I was going to make that same point myself.

In this social media world we have become so obsessed with ‘self’ both as a nation as well as individuals. The way the news comes out now you would think that GB, even sometimes just England, is the only country in the world with huge problems to try and overcome, cost of living, interest rates, social unrest and it ain’t going to be resolved overnight.

All the world is reeling under these pressures and given so much of the economies of the world are based on ‘services’ then it is going to be very difficult to increase growth no matter what the politicians say.

Once times get tough, do we need our nails done very few weeks, do we need to go to restaurants all the time, or have take always. Do we need to spend on sport, concerts, new clothes, cars, electrical gadgets every year, all the time etc etc. No we don’t and will many businesses go to the wall, yes, could we, why not?

Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    This is the death spiral.

I’ve come to the opinion today that Lai has made the decision not to pay any more managers and staff off who are under contract.

I think that what we are seeing here is Lai riding this horse until we are almost in oblivion and recouping what he can even if we drop into League Two, he’ll then sell up what’s left at that point ie. heritage, ground, League status.

It’s either that or he’s decided to ride us until we go bust.

I think we might well be looking at a “Phoenix club” starting up again and playing Lye Town and Tividale in 3 or 4 years time.

Some decent local derbies at least I guess!

I agree and said so at end of August window. Lai wants out- paid way too much & will continue to reduce his losses until he might find another buyer at a lt less than he paid.
    Til then he will milk the club to reduce his losses to a manageable level. There will be no payback of loans. We will drift downwards til Lai has his money back.
    Never doubt Lai wants out - it is merely the level of loss he will accept & until then what happens on the pitch is not and has never been his concern

Sad but true and there are many great clubs suffering for any number of reasons- a proud history is a very poor substitute for dynamism. vision and commitment on and off the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    I agree and said so at end of August window. Lai wants out- paid way too much & will continue to reduce his losses until he might find another buyer at a lt less than he paid.
    Til then he will milk the club to reduce his losses to a manageable level. There will be no payback of loans. We will drift downwards til Lai has his money back.
    Never doubt Lai wants out - it is merely the level of loss he will accept & until then what happens on the pitch is not and has never been his concern

Sad but true and there are many great clubs suffering for any number of reasons- a proud history is a very poor substitute for dynamism. vision and commitment on and off the pitch
    Completely agree with this post!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)