+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Legal Action Against Daily Mail

Legal Action Against Daily Mail

Interesting legal action by Baroness Doreen Lawrence, Prince Harry, Sir Elton John, Elizabeth Hurley and Sadie Frost against Associated Newspapers announced today.

The Daily Mail and its sister titles (The Mail on Sunday and Mail Online) are accused of "abhorrent criminal activity."

The allegations include:

• The hiring of private investigators to secretly place listening devices inside people’s cars and homes.
    • The commissioning of individuals to "surreptitiously listen into and record people’s live, private telephone calls whilst they were taking place".
    • The payment of police officials, with corrupt links to private investigators, for inside, sensitive information.
    • The impersonation of individuals to obtain medical information from private hospitals, clinics, and treatment centres by deception.
    • The accessing of bank accounts, credit histories and financial transactions through illicit means and manipulation.

Fair amount of financial clout behind this one. Hopefully enough to get the poisonous rag shut down.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-10-06/...ion-of-privacy

Successful lawsuits against the Mail
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_...ainst_the_Mail

The mistake that most people make is thinking that the DM is a newspaper. It isn’t, it’s just one long right-wing rant. It’s a Conservative fanboy publication owned by an offshore buffoon. A bit like an in-house magazine but certainly not a newspaper.

I agree with Psaw. The newspapers, television, radio, in fact all the media are seriously left of centre and are controlled by Jeremy Corbyn.

Journalism certainly can be a murky old world.

"For years, Britain’s most powerful newspapers spied on anyone they thought might lead them to a juicy story. No victim was ever so angry and so fabulously wealthy that they could afford to risk everything in fighting back. Until now".

Let us hope those running the Mirror Group, the Mail Group and Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp get dragged through the courts to the ultimate conclusion this time.

Excellent (but quite lengthy) magazine article from Prospect magazine.

Well worth the effort to read in full.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/i...y-vs-the-press

It has taken a while but still progressing.

... a judge has decided the case, involving Prince Harry and six other high-profile claimants, can proceed.

"The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday publishers had categorically denied the allegations as "preposterous smears"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67122719

Your political views frighten me griff, its like youve lost contact wirh reality, the whole world to you is a conspiracy. The Mail is fair, unlike the comic the Mirror and the heavy weight loons at the Guardian. The Tories are now a left wing party, but its not good enough for you.

I wonder how youve developed such beliefs, for a strong minded person like yourself its a bit of a mystery. I suspect your a marxist, try and convince me your not.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Your political views frighten me griff, its like youve lost contact wirh reality, the whole world to you is a conspiracy. The Mail is fair, unlike the comic the Mirror and the heavy weight loons at the Guardian. The Tories are now a left wing party, but its not good enough for you.

I wonder how youve developed such beliefs, for a strong minded person like yourself its a bit of a mystery. I suspect your a marxist, try and convince me your not.
    To be fair that was his view a year ago.

He may have changed his mind since then.

Have I f­uck. Mind you, just like Frank to keep up with what’s happening.

There’s a widely-used axiom out there; there are lies, damned lies, statistics then whatever’s printed in the Mail. It’s MO is to worry people by feeding them stuff which is half true or happened once and presenting it as fact or an everyday occurrence. Mr and Mrs Thick are taken in by it, the rest of us aren’t.

I thought for one minute Stefan was back then until I realised the thread had been bumped…

All newspapers are rags full of adverts & crap… look at the Sun & the Star. Tbh I only have the mail app to see the headlines..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)