+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Exeter match thoughts

Bad day at the office.
    Exeter better in every department.
    Barnsley seem to think they can just turn up and win - when obviously they can’t.
    Terrible performance.
    Very much reminiscent of last season.

Twinkle toes Williams had another poor game.
    And as said last week - jury is still out regarding Kane - this time he started slowly and maintained it. Luca is the better player IMO.
    As for tactics - Duff is getting our tactics wrong when we play at home.

Cole worked hard with little or no service - he’s a player with speed - but he hasn’t got the upper body strength of a target striker.
    How many times did we just lump it forward for a target striker …… and lost the ball - cos we haven’t got a target striker !!!
    So why is Duff telling them to do this ???
    We haven’t got strength up front so surely we need to play through midfield.

We missed Luke Thomas massively - a player picking the ball up in midfield and driving forward.
    Definitely there was a disconnect between midfield and the strikers.

Only player IMO that came out of that game with any credit was Kichen.

Total💩 all of them , well done Exeter better side by a country mile ,

Nobody coming out of that debacle today with any positives including Duff .

Anytime you take your main striker off after 30 minutes and replace him with a midfield player you've picked the wrong team , dress it up how you want but that's dropping a pre match boll@ck , all day long .

Aitchison isn't Thomas and never will be , chalk n cheese .

That said the players were individually woeful , no pressure on the ball for Exeter's opening goal and the lad put it away with a tidy finish but none the less totally avoidable .

A goal down and turning it around isn't something we do and the players were visibly rocked by it , poor considering there was 89 minutes plus time added on to turn it around .

Don't get me started on Exeter's second , absolutely woeful .

Only when Connell came on did we put some passing patterns together , why he didn't start today with Thomas out for the foreseeable is a question for Duff .

Done very well so far as Duff and he's entitled to a bad game but none the less he's got it totally wrong today and his players needed to step up and bail him out .

They were found wanting .

Seems to me Duff needs to start playing the tactics we deploy away at home? We were lucky with a few results today with Bolton, Pompey and Posh all dropping points!

And let's be fair it could have been 2 or 3 more to the visitors , how did Mads get MOM ? I'd probably agree with Nudge and go with Kitchin , although he always looks a liability he got forward well late on ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    And let's be fair it could have been 2 or 3 more to the visitors , how did Mads get MOM ? I'd probably agree with Nudge and go with Kitchin , although he always looks a liability he got forward well late on ,
    Agree Roma , they were walking through that defensive line the majority of the game .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Seems to me Duff needs to start playing the tactics we deploy away at home? We were lucky with a few results today with Bolton, Pompey and Posh all dropping points!
    We can't handle teams playing on the break at Oakwell , this game was a mirror image of the Wycombe catastrophe .

I don’t see why we have to have a MOM when all you’ve got is to pick the best of a bad bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I don’t see why we have to have a MOM when all you’ve got is to pick the best of a bad bunch.

I think it's a sponsor's thing and part of the match day package .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We can't handle teams playing on the break at Oakwell , this game was a mirror image of the Wycombe catastrophe .
    and Lincoln , there's a pattern forming ,and future sides will or should see our frailties , their stand in manager stated we had weakness in certain areas , over to you Mr Duff 🤞

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast