It's a game Roma alluded to in the PL thread and it's a game that's never left me all these years later .

I'm 15 years old at the time and excited to see this club's first bit of success in my young tenure , promotion from the 4th tier , I was a bit young for the 67/68 promotion to really understand the significance of it even though my old man and two uncles took me to the promotion winning game at Chester .

It's April 1977 and we go in at half time 3 to the good , at no point as a 15 year old do you see what's coming in the second half , you only learn that the hard way as the years roll on .

3-0 became 3-1 , a consolation at best for The Grecians , 3-1 quickly became 3-2 hmm and before you know it's 3-3 and then 4-3 to the visitors .

It was a stunning comeback and I was absolutely numb .

The thing is what's generally forgotten about is just how big a game this was at the time , it was basically a one game shoot out between ourselves and Exeter for the last remaining promotion spot with only one game remaining after this one .

I can tell you this , we go 3 nil up at half time on Saturday and I'm celebrating nowt .