+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Away v Blackburn Saturday 8th KO 3 pm. 1st away game for Taylor

Blackburns last 5 Games - LWLWL?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Yes Lol they haven't drawn a game so far this season and if the pattern of their results is anything to go on then it's a home win.

I didn't realise that Hirst played for Blackburn. He had a brilliant game against us when playing for Pompey, and if he plays in this one then it's "sod's law" that he'll have another good game against us.

Also we've got a terrible record away at Ewood Park so I'll be overjoyed if we come away with a point. We'll see. U.T.M.

Saturday's game at Ewood Park has all the makings of a comprehensive home win.
    Expecting Matt Taylor to make a minimum of two changes possibly three and a change of formation.
    Expecting something like 3-4-1-2.
    Two strikers up front with a mobile influential player just behind the strikers.
    My starting eleven but won't be Matt Taylor's...
    ...Viking...
    Harding***Hall***Humphreys
    BNC***Rathbone**Barlaser**Bramall

"****Wiles***
    Ogbene**"Eaves

Time to give Conor a rest, play Ben Wiles or Rathbone behind the strikers.

Blackburn Rovers 1-1 ROTHERHAM United.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Saturday's game at Ewood Park has all the makings of a comprehensive home win.
    Expecting Matt Taylor to make a minimum of two changes possibly three and a change of formation.
    Expecting something like 3-4-1-2.
    Two strikers up front with a mobile influential player just behind the strikers.
    My starting eleven but won't be Matt Taylor's...
    ...Viking...
    Harding***Hall***Humphreys
    BNC***Rathbone**Barlaser**Bramall

"****Wiles***
    Ogbene**"Eaves

Time to give Conor a rest, play Ben Wiles or Rathbone behind the strikers.

Blackburn Rovers 1-1 ROTHERHAM United.

Still sticking with Ogbene up front?

I’m expecting Cuffy to be rested and Ogbene replacing him

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Still sticking with Ogbene up front?

I’m expecting Cuffy to be rested and Ogbene replacing him
    At present yes. Ask me in another week when Matt Taylor and Wayne Carlisle have had more time to assess.
    Chieo plays as a striker for his National team and doesn't look out of place.

Hoping to see more of Hakeem Odoffin and McCart and the rest of the player's that haven't been involved so far.
    ' Rome wasn't built in a day '
    MT will make changes as and when required and he does like his wide player's to be involved and get forward at every opportunity.
    Now if they could stop rushing and misplacing passes and hold onto the ball you may, just may see some decent football.
    This squad is capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    At present yes. Ask me in another week when Matt Taylor and Wayne Carlisle have had more time to assess.
    Chieo plays as a striker for his National team and doesn't look out of place.

Hoping to see more of Hakeem Odoffin and McCart and the rest of the player's that haven't been involved so far.
    ' Rome wasn't built in a day '
    MT will make changes as and when required and he does like his wide player's to be involved and get forward at every opportunity.
    Now if they could stop rushing and misplacing passes and hold onto the ball you may, just may see some decent football.
    This squad is capable.
    Another thread lists Eaves strike rate, well Ogbene’s record is worse than his at approx 1 goal every 11 games

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    And a -2 goal average.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Another thread lists Eaves strike rate, well Ogbene’s record is worse than his at approx 1 goal every 11 games
    To be fair Grist, you cant compare Eaves strike rate as a centre forward, with Chieo's strike rate as a winger. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Another unfair fixture, with us playing on the Wednesday and them playing on the Tuesday.Hopefully our super human fitness will withstand this disadvantage.UTM.
    It just means we had an extra 24 rest between Saturday and Wednesday.

It’s as long as it is wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    To be fair Grist, you cant compare Eaves strike rate as a centre forward, with Chieo's strike rate as a winger. UTM
    Yes, that's my point he's a wingback or winger and should play there, not blocking out Kelly or others that play up front.

It's almost as though we've promised Arsenal that Cuffy will play and thus leaving us the problem of what we do with Ogbene.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast