+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Away v Blackburn Saturday 8th KO 3 pm. 1st away game for Taylor

Why have we moved to Wednesday this season? We’ve traditionally played on Tuesdays. Don’t we give a preference before the fixtures are set? Was is Torquay always played their home fixtures on a Friday night because of tourist changeovers on Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Why have we moved to Wednesday this season? We’ve traditionally played on Tuesdays. Don’t we give a preference before the fixtures are set? Was is Torquay always played their home fixtures on a Friday night because of tourist changeovers on Saturdays.
    It’s because of Sky TV. Not all games are on Wednesday. Tuesdays and Wednesday games are shared out fairly between all teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, that's my point he's a wingback or winger and should play there, not blocking out Kelly or others that play up front.

It's almost as though we've promised Arsenal that Cuffy will play and thus leaving us the problem of what we do with Ogbene.

To play both Norton-Cuffy & Chieo both wide you go 4-5-1 & switch one of them to the left were we are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    To play both Norton-Cuffy & Chieo both wide you go 4-5-1 & switch one of them to the left were we are weak.
    But who is the "1" ?

Eaves?

But who is the "1" ?

Eaves?

No Kelly

But who is the "1" ?

Eaves?
    Kelly cannot lead the line on his own. Despite his physical appearance he is a poacher, not a target man. He's more ALF than Alan Lee. If playing Kelly (which I hope we do) then he must have someone up top alongside him.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    It’s because of Sky TV. Not all games are on Wednesday. Tuesdays and Wednesday games are shared out fairly between all teams.
    Two home games on a Wednesday (September, October)
    Two on a Tuesday (March, April).

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Kelly cannot lead the line on his own. Despite his physical appearance he is a poacher, not a target man. He's more ALF than Alan Lee. If playing Kelly (which I hope we do) then he must have someone up top alongside him.

Keep with 3-5-2 then still switch Chieo to.the left with McCart a natural left sided player behind him. Kelly & Washington up.front.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    That's where you're struggling them because Eaves is struggling.

Unless you play Wood upfront.

He is "Rotherham's veteran striker" according to one website I read last week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123