+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kioso on way back

Did we ever play first team squad members in the reserves under Warne? Can’t say that I ever noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Kioso's been out that long you tend to forget players, shouldn't do but I had forgotten about him.

Yes, he will be a welcome addition back in the ranks. Would Taylor be tempted to rest Brooke Dion Nelson Norton-Cuffy, (try putting that on the back of a shirt), or will Ars.enal wanting him playing every game he can?

As for Kioso/Ogbene/Norton-Cuffy, where does Taylor see these three fitting in? I feel Ogbene has lost his spent force playing up front. Weds night showed us he ain't no centre forward as every long ball (please let's not start to revert to that again) that came his way, he never won a single header nor looked like he wanted to. That isn't where his strength lies.

Taylor will have the great option, if he wanted to, in utilising all three of them throughout a match. We all know Ogbene's true position is out wide on the right and I for one feel he needs to be back out there.Thing is Brooke is looking the stronger player in that role. Time to rest Ogbene when Kioso becomes match fit?

Far from wanting him playing every game, I think Arsenal would be more concerned about us burning him out, so I believe even they will be pleased to see Kioso recovering

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Brin I like to see players given a fair chance. McCart & Kelly haven't. For the last time I hope MT has located McCart & he gets the chance he deserves. Harding's next best left side of the defence not Humphreys or Peltier.

Brin thanks yes lotto all on. I admit I'm a gambler. On horses I didn't do acca bets so had to put abit on to win anything but abit after I retired from work I didn't want to lose on the horses so more or less packed them up. Odd bet now & again. Lotto though it seems alot I put on every Saturday & Wednesday it's less than I used to put on the horses.

NH horseracing today at Chepstow the season begins for me. I'll be watching races later on sky racing & be keeping a keen interest from now on for future reference.

Good to hear Kioso is on the way back but are we expecting too much of him?

There’s been much discussion on this board about Eaves and Kelly needing to get fit which is probably correct, but isn’t Kioso in the same boat?

Same training regime, same training facilities etc so will Kioso become another Eaves and Kelly?

Or will MT risk starting Kioso?

Brin thanks yes lotto all on. I admit I'm a gambler. On horses I didn't do acca bets so had to put abit on to win anything but abit after I retired from work I didn't want to lose on the horses so more or less packed them up. Odd bet now & again. Lotto though it seems alot I put on every Saturday & Wednesday it's less than I used to put on the horses.
    Odds of winning the lottery jackpot... approx 45 million to one.
    Odds of being struck by lightning... approx one million to one.
    Makes you think

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    Odds of winning the lottery jackpot... approx 45 million to one.
    Odds of being struck by lightning... approx one million to one.
    Makes you think
    Chances of gru not repeating ad nauseum... approx 250 million to 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Chances of gru not repeating ad nauseum... approx 250 million to 1
    I knew somebody would have those numbers. Not as long as I thought. Cheers Patty

Kioso see what he's got to offer. Left side our problem Ferguson he's getting past his sell by date. Bramall I don't rate. Bola we tried to loan him out last window so can't see him having a future here. Hope MT he's found McCart who should be on the left of our back 3.
    I have no idea why you would think Bola wouldnt have a future with us just because we tried to loan him out at the last window.
    Unless you hadn't realised, it was our old manager who tried to loan him out so I'm pretty sure the new manager will want to assess him first. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I have no idea why you would think Bola wouldnt have a future with us just because we tried to loan him out at the last window.
    Unless you hadn't realised, it was our old manager who tried to loan him out so I'm pretty sure the new manager will want to assess him first. UTM
    I thought Bola played great when he came on against Blackpool, I'd like to see him given another go if only from the bench.

I'm glad others agree about Bola. Personally I think he will be our best option at left wing back if he's given a decent run in the team. He's strong, quite pacey and a good crosser of the ball
    I would also like to see McCart given a chance on the left side of the back 3 although admittedly that's based solely on his performance against Morecambe which is the only time I've seen him play.
    Hopefully, once MT has had time to properly assess the squad, some of these fringe players will come into his thinking and provide competition to those who are looking a bit complacent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast