+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kioso on way back

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm glad others agree about Bola. Personally I think he will be our best option at left wing back if he's given a decent run in the team. He's strong, quite pacey and a good crosser of the ball
    I would also like to see McCart given a chance on the left side of the back 3 although admittedly that's based solely on his performance against Morecambe which is the only time I've seen him play.
    Hopefully, once MT has had time to properly assess the squad, some of these fringe players will come into his thinking and provide competition to those who are looking a bit complacent.
    I'm hoping we see more squad rotation instead of flogging the same set of players to the point of exhaustion and injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I'm hoping we see more squad rotation instead of flogging the same set of players to the point of exhaustion and injury.
    Judging by MT's interview in the Yorkshire Post, he's picked up on this already and he's talking about freshening things up tomorrow.
    I hope he does because then we can be fairly certain he wants to put his own stamp on things pretty much from the outset.

Yes, not does it only protect against the dreaded " hammy" it gives a chance to see whether or not fringe players are really up to it.

However it also needs fan patience

Hopefully kioso comes back and is fit for the rest of the season. Imo though from what I've seen he's 3rd choice maybe 4th choice

cuffy is flying ATM and with the way the championship is played he only has 8 ish games to play before there's a break so shouldn't burn out.
    Harding is the best RB we have had at Rufc for some time. Rearly has a bad game even when played out of position on the left. . and Chio, not the best at defending but a huge threat going forward though lazy when playing as a striker..

Sadly I agree with gwru to a extent. Our weak link is the left side. Not because bramhall or fergu are bad players but because our 3 main midfielders are all right footed so look reluctant to go down the left. This was fine in league 1 but the better palyers in the championship will just show them down the line

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, I'm replying to you as a Mod in a pleasant calm manner unlike some posts you have received of late. I think by now everyone on here knows about your choice of 'dug out' and also McCart at left back but please fella, give it a rest now you've made your point and we've all took it onboard.

Freedom of posting is everyone's right on here but repetitive and getting to the point of nauseating is becoming damn boring. I'm in agreement in giving McCart a try at left back but I'm not constantly banging on about it in every other post.

I trust you've got you lottery on for tomorrow
    Not a nice post Brin. To promote you are a mod. Not right to show power.

McCart is not a LWB. Yes he can get forward and put a decent cross in, but he is primarily a left sided CB.

When you look at the squad we have, it does make you think that 433 could be an option - yes McCart at LB, but also put Oggie back on the right. Harding RB. Cbs Hall and Wood / Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Not a nice post Brin. To promote you are a mod. Not right to show power.
    Yes, our mods really do have their fingers on the button gru. Putin eat your heart out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Yes, our mods really do have their fingers on the button gru. Putin eat your heart out!

I probably deserved it. But I'm hopeful with MT players I've mentioned get a chance. I couldn't stand Warney's management here old pals act!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Brin I like to see players given a fair chance. McCart & Kelly haven't. For the last time I hope MT has located McCart & he gets the chance he deserves. Harding's next best left side of the defence not Humphreys or Peltier.
    Whoooooooosh !!!!
    Who was it said......"Yer wastin` yer time" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I thought Bola played great when he came on against Blackpool, I'd like to see him given another go if only from the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm glad others agree about Bola. Personally I think he will be our best option at left wing back if he's given a decent run in the team. He's strong, quite pacey and a good crosser of the ball
    I would also like to see McCart given a chance on the left side of the back 3 although admittedly that's based solely on his performance against Morecambe which is the only time I've seen him play.
    Hopefully, once MT has had time to properly assess the squad, some of these fringe players will come into his thinking and provide competition to those who are looking a bit complacent.
    I have always thought there was a player in Bola, but for whatever reason PW only used him sparingly. He is a big strong pacey player and I cant understand why he hasn't featured more, and I have the same feelings about Odoffin. UTM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast