+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club Statement

Club Statement

Hold your breath its not the Khaled one, that might be ready for next season!!

Barnsley Football Club and its security team are working with Wigan Athletic, Greater Manchester Police and the EFL to identify a Barnsley FC supporter accused of racially abusing a steward during Saturday's game between the Reds and the Latics.

The matter is being fully investigated and any individual found guilty of racist abuse will be immediately issued with a lifetime ban and also offered the opportunity to attend a fan education course run in conjunction with the EFL and Kick It Out.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Hold your breath its not the Khaled one, that might be ready for next season!!

Barnsley Football Club and its security team are working with Wigan Athletic, Greater Manchester Police and the EFL to identify a Barnsley FC supporter accused of racially abusing a steward during Saturday's game between the Reds and the Latics.

The matter is being fully investigated and any individual found guilty of racist abuse will be immediately issued with a lifetime ban and also offered the opportunity to attend a fan education course run in conjunction with the EFL and Kick It Out.
    It's very poor do but I think it's worth remembering that everyone is innocent until proven guilty .

The could ban me fo life. Wouldn't give a feck to be honest. Not that I'm racist, far from it. The football match experience is shyte these days ennyrooard. It's nowt like it used to be. Then again, it's probably me gerrin owder

Same fella ran on the field and kissed Cole when he scored.
    Racism is daft - but football fans will say owt to try and unnerve the opposition whether that’s their players, their supporters or their stewards.
    It’s tribal - and if more people understood that more then they would understand English football better.
    Ginner, fat, tall, small or even Scottish - is abuse aimed in their way more acceptable than it being aimed at black or south Asian???
    I don’t think so.

Gordon strachan didn’t stand much of a chance then 😀