+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still early days

.....prepare for groundhog day.

It'll be Martins.

The bloke Hull were after.

Thanks Plater.

I wonder if the state of his father's health is the real problem. I doubt if he is financially hard up, so it may be that he doesn't want any distractions from the domestic situation at the moment.

There don't seem to be any facts emerging as to reasons why.

Wokes, If his father is as ill as reported then I understand his decision. But, why would you still allow Wolves to fly out to negotiate? Something doesn't sit right here.

There is an inherent problem going on within the club in relating between the club and the fans. There is now no correspondence! There hadn't been since Laurie Darymple left the the club!

I don't know what went wrong, well actually I know the rumours, but suddenly Darymple and Thelwell left the club without any explanations.

Now, it appears there are no 'Football' orientated men on the Wolves Board, only Shi himself, and Scott Sellers, who nobody knows what his actual position is, or what he actually does. It's a farce!

You would have thought all clubs have a contingency plan for when they sack one manager and appoint another. A list if you like. A list of potential managers to replace the one you've just sacked. Not us, so it seems.

It now looks like a serious possibility that we might have to appoint an interim manager to take charge of the squad until a preffered manager is installed! This is ludicrous!

I look at our squad on paper and can't believe we're in this position. Yet we are, we're already in a relegation scrap. How is that? Surely there aren't at least 3 squads weaker than ours?! But we are where we are are!

I don't know, what the answer is. I believe it was right to sack to Lage, I think he had shackled the team to play in such a way that they couldn't shake those shackles free. I believe it needs a new voice to do that. I just hoped the powers that be had a game plan to use.

It now looks highly likely the 2 lads in charge last Saturday will still be in charge for Palace away!

Forest, Saturday is now a 'must win'! If we can score the first goal the shackles may be released and we'll score two or three, but if we concede the first goal Molineux will turn toxic!

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    Wokes, If his father is as ill as reported then I understand his decision. But, why would you still allow Wolves to fly out to negotiate? Something doesn't sit right here.

There is an inherent problem going on within the club in relating between the club and the fans. There is now no correspondence! There hadn't been since Laurie Darymple left the the club!

I don't know what went wrong, well actually I know the rumours, but suddenly Darymple and Thelwell left the club without any explanations.

Now, it appears there are no 'Football' orientated men on the Wolves Board, only Shi himself, and Scott Sellers, who nobody knows what his actual position is, or what he actually does. It's a farce!

You would have thought all clubs have a contingency plan for when they sack one manager and appoint another. A list if you like. A list of potential managers to replace the one you've just sacked. Not us, so it seems.

It now looks like a serious possibility that we might have to appoint an interim manager to take charge of the squad until a preffered manager is installed! This is ludicrous!

I look at our squad on paper and can't believe we're in this position. Yet we are, we're already in a relegation scrap. How is that? Surely there aren't at least 3 squads weaker than ours?! But we are where we are are!

I don't know, what the answer is. I believe it was right to sack to Lage, I think he had shackled the team to play in such a way that they couldn't shake those shackles free. I believe it needs a new voice to do that. I just hoped the powers that be had a game plan to use.

It now looks highly likely the 2 lads in charge last Saturday will still be in charge for Palace away!

Forest, Saturday is now a 'must win'! If we can score the first goal the shackles may be released and we'll score two or three, but if we concede the first goal Molineux will turn toxic!
    Can't disagree with you there Plates.

Apparently Wolves gave been in contact with Nuno. For survival, it’s not the worst move. For taking the next step? Not sure it works out

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Apparently Wolves gave been in contact with Nuno. For survival, it’s not the worst move. For taking the next step? Not sure it works out
    Second terms don't tend to work with football managers, a lot of the fan base were against him by the time he left too... may work as a stop gap solution but don't see it running long term.

Looks like this one might be gathering pace.

I really don't know what to think of this, Nuno looked totally disillusioned and lost at the end.

Is it true he was very afraid of Covid and didn't see his family for a year?

I'll be ever thankful for some wonderful moments though.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Second terms don't tend to work with football managers, a lot of the fan base were against him by the time he left too... may work as a stop gap solution but don't see it running long term.
    Think there are far worse appointments we could make in order to survive this year. But if we stabilize and are out of the relegation race, how much patience will the fans have for more 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 results as the season wears on? Gonna be right back where we are next season.

It looks as if the current QPR Manager Michael Beale is now favourite for the Wolves job. Speaks Portuguese as well.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    It looks as if the current QPR Manager Michael Beale is now favourite for the Wolves job. Speaks Portuguese as well.
    That's a risky one, for us and him. If I were him I'd be tempted to stay at QPR for a while and establish himself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)