+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Still early days

In the last week, Wolves have played 180 minutes against the two worst defenses in the Premier League this season. Both matches at Molineux. Wolves have managed one goal and it was a penalty.

This is completely embarrassing for a team filled with international quality players. Back room changes are needed. Davis loves the club but he is in over his head - no fault of his own as he shouldn’t be in this position.

I really cannot see a way out of this.

In the second half Leicester made us look a weak and ill-disciplined rabble. We allowed our frustration to show and Leicester played us like a fiddle. I'm loathe to point the finger, but IMO both Kilman and Jonny had a very ordinary day. Frankly, I can't see us getting anything before the World Cup break and unless the Wolves hierarchy can pull a rabbit out of a hat, and soon, things could get very ugly at Molineux.

Quote Originally Posted by sausagenegg View Post
    I really cannot see a way out of this.
    Neither can I, two seasons of mismanagement off the field coming to a head.

The problem is at the top lads. Shi and Sellars. The buck stops there!

We needed to change formation from a back five to a more attacking 433 because we needed more goals.

Well that's gone well.

I put Mendes in that group that needs to go also. Sick of his influence and say in who arrives, stays and goes.

My views on Mendes has totally changed.

We started yesterday's game with good intent, putting the away side under pressure. After about five minutes, Adama was scythed down and Wolves were awarded a free kick on the touchline. Three minutes later Johnny and Barnes went down in a tangle of legs. Oliver could not wait to produce a yellow for the Wolves man. A superb free kick was delivered by the impressive Maddison, which Johnny managed to head out straight to the unmarked Tielemans, who hit an unstoppable shot into the Wolves net via the post.

Heads dropped and we were soon in serious trouble. The Leicester coaches had obviously watched videos of our play and noticed we like to try and play out from the back. Their attackers did a fantastic job of closing us down, putting pressure on our defenders. Kilman, who probably had his worst game for the club, was often caught in possession and the reliable Sa was almost caught when a back pass to him hit an encroaching Leicester forward and was eventually cleared. Did we change this tactic, did we hell, we persisted as if our players were robots.

On at least two occasions Sa caught crosses and looked for a quick release, but where was Adama? He was doing what he had been told to do and defend the corner. He should be nowhere near our area but should be on the halfway line occupying at least two, or even three defenders.

We had loads of possession and plenty of chances, but every fifty-fifty ball seamed to go the way of the impressive visitors, who had stuck by their manager. Far too often Collins or Kilman strode out of defence with the ball, only to turn and play it backwards or sideways, because of the lack of movement by our forwards.

When we were three goals down the healthy Leicester support took great pleasure in goading the Wolves fans with chants of "Is this a library." "Are you West Brom in disguise?" "You're going down with the Forest." and we deserved it, but wheels go the full circle. The atmosphere was becoming toxic, and Scott Sellars came in for some dog's abuse, although I am not sure he warrants it.

Neves must have covered every inch of the Molineux turf yesterday in his attempts to rally the troops, on occasions he was in the left back position and hit several laser like cross field passes. While Johnny had his worst game in a Wolves shirt, not the player he was before his bad injuries. Young Bueno again acquitted himself well and looks a prospect.

I have watched some poor performances by Wolves over the years and yesterday must rank high amongst them. The season still has a long way to go but we need a dramatic turnaround if we don't want to be playing in the Championship next year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)