+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still early days

Still early days

But we need some drastic changes in the way we play. We need a totally different ideology or it's going to be an extremely long hard season.
    Already I'm concerned, no club is too good to go down.

I hope we do get Lopetegui and I hope it's a new fresh start because at this moment in time and as it has been for some time now, it's not working.

You make a lot of sense, Sausage, yet in spite of that I'm not convinced Wolves are best served by a proven failure from La Liga...surely, we're better than that...aren't we ???

Hi Grizz.

Looking at his record he joined a Real Madrid with problems and didn't do well there.

Before that he was unbeaten over 20 games as Spain manager and more recently won the Europa with Sevilla and got them into the Champions League.

I just want a change from 'which of the current Portuguese big boys managers are favourites for the Wolves job?'

Quote Originally Posted by sausagenegg View Post
    Hi Grizz.

Looking at his record he joined a Real Madrid with problems and didn't do well there.

Before that he was unbeaten over 20 games as Spain manager and more recently won the Europa with Sevilla and got them into the Champions League.

I just want a change from 'which of the current Portuguese big boys managers are favourites for the Wolves job?'
    I agree with Grizz here, I’m a bit concerned that Lopetegui is coming from Sevilla, from a side who have been playing unattractive football and failing to score goals this season, as a solution to our similar problems?!

The trouble is, I don’t know what kind of style we should shift to. We have more appearances on our injured list than our starting XI. Our best forward has been playing since Queen Victoria’s reign.

Under Lage, I thought everything looked good til we got near the box. Didn’t have too many complaints about midfield and defense under the last two managers. We just haven’t created easy chances at all. But I don’t know how we create those chances with Neto, Jimenez out. And the rest of our attackers inconsistent and undependable.

If you asked me our path to survival, I’d say it’s more of what we’ve seen. I can’t see us turning into an exciting attacking side. Looking at our roster, seems like keeping matches low scoring and stealing goals here and there are the best bet to keep us up. But that’s not what the fans want to hear.

Sausage, as for your wish to break free the shackles of perpetual Portuguese management I could not agree with you more. Sadly we are slave to whatever direction the owners wish to take us. We are in desperate need of someone who can provide a sharp point for a team of talented individuals who have been allowed to stagnate (there, I've said it) under the direction of a nice man who was taking us nowhere. Lopetegui has just been unceremoniously dumped by Sevilla for failing to improve their ability to score goals. With that in mind, I can't see how he would be the answer to our prayers.....what are they thinking ? It might well be the cheapest option at the present time, but where will it lead us ?

As Martin Samuel, a football writer at The Mail who I've long respected as a journalist recently wrote Wolves, with their relationship with Mendes have put themselves in a very limited position to move away from the Portugese influence. I fear he may be right. However, like Sausage I would be happy with Lopetegui. Despite a difficult time at Real Madrid his overall win percentages are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    As Martin Samuel, a football writer at The Mail who I've long respected as a journalist recently wrote Wolves, with their relationship with Mendes have put themselves in a very limited position to move away from the Portugese influence. I fear he may be right. However, like Sausage I would be happy with Lopetegui. Despite a difficult time at Real Madrid his overall win percentages are very good.
    I may be wrong, but I thought that part of the problem with Lopetegui and Seville was the fact that several of their best players had been sold, thereby weakening the team.

It was Wokes

Well....it appears Lopetegui has turned us down. This make me fear the Martin Samuel article in the Mail recently is coming to haunt us

https://www.facebook.com/1177893380/...Gfe5Yvo2J9Q7l/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)