+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy clappers absent

A very fair response from you Wartman, your remarks were not directed to me personally but I have no problem accepting your latest post in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I like to think I do talk sense from time to time, however I do except my tone was out of order and for that I apologise and you are right a few beers had been consumed and after that dismal performance I needed them.
    Accepted. It was wine for me.

I guess that I would be considered by Wartman as a "happy clapper". A term that is without doubt intended to be derogatory.
    In truth, I am not inclined to over react to either good or bad generally. In reality, yesterday was very poor in pretty much every sense. Apart from our goal which was a very good strike.

Here is what I think, we have had one dreadful season ending in relegation and the sacking of Dave Artell. The appointment of Morris and Bell et al, is the way we were always likely to go and probably will again. Morris has acknowledges (as most managers would) that things don;t get sorted in one window, especially if you have no money. So I am more than happy to stick with Morris etc. However, I would not have sacked Artell as he clearly suffered from the circumstances of the previous summer, and should have been given the opportunity to go again having had a significant summer break. All the work was being done behind the scenes to take pressure off the manager by appoint a head of recruitment and numerous other positions behind the scenes. The bloke was knackered and mentally worn down by doing everthing apart from washing the kit and who knows, he may have been doing that too!!

If all this makes me a happy Clapper then so be it. Nowt I can do to change anyone's view about that other than agree with everything these people say. And if I don't agree then it ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I guess that I would be considered by Wartman as a "happy clapper". A term that is without doubt intended to be derogatory.
    In truth, I am not inclined to over react to either good or bad generally. In reality, yesterday was very poor in pretty much every sense. Apart from our goal which was a very good strike.

Here is what I think, we have had one dreadful season ending in relegation and the sacking of Dave Artell. The appointment of Morris and Bell et al, is the way we were always likely to go and probably will again. Morris has acknowledges (as most managers would) that things don;t get sorted in one window, especially if you have no money. So I am more than happy to stick with Morris etc. However, I would not have sacked Artell as he clearly suffered from the circumstances of the previous summer, and should have been given the opportunity to go again having had a significant summer break. All the work was being done behind the scenes to take pressure off the manager by appoint a head of recruitment and numerous other positions behind the scenes. The bloke was knackered and mentally worn down by doing everthing apart from washing the kit and who knows, he may have been doing that too!!

If all this makes me a happy Clapper then so be it. Nowt I can do to change anyone's view about that other than agree with everything these people say. And if I don't agree then it ain't gonna happen.

The disappointing thing is that what money we do have we spend on the wrong priorities, why sign 10 first year pros surely 2 or 3 would have been enough they will end up releasing most of them at the end of this season we probably could have recruited 2 more experienced players instead. I am inclined to agree with your thoughts on Artell and he was given a rough deal Morris in my opinion is nowhere near as good a manager as Artell was but is a thoroughly good bloke and you can’t help but like him. Sadly the club is going nowhere other than out of the football league unless they change this side is desperately poor and will be in the relegation zone by Xmas unless things change. I did hear a rumour a couple of weeks ago that there was to be a club announcement about some new investment coming into the club but that now seems to have gone quiet so I don’t know if there was any truth in it but we could do with some sensible investment in the first team. The gates are declining and the club does seem to be losing the fans which is hardly surprising giving the dross they are having to put up with, where I sit in the main stand there was a group of about 8 of us who had our seats sadly now there are only 3 of us 1 has sadly died but the other 4 just can’t be bothered to waste a Saturday watching dull boring uninspiring football, the club seems stale and there are no signs that anything is being done to arrest the clubs decline. It’s a shame but if we want things to change we have to start at the top and perhaps a younger looking board might help new ideas new investment something has to change.

That’s because I am not a happy clapper you moron I don’t get excited by a couple of wins like you happy clappers do I tend to look more in depth to leagues and teams , but I guess all teams need there sheep and I guess you are one of them
    Afraid I'm not up to accepting your subsequent apology like some. If this board was moderated you'd be off it now.
    Very happy to put my intellect & qualifications up against you anytime Wartman.

I haven't made any comment on last Saturdays game as I wasn't there, down in Bristol visiting family.
    However it is clear that the Alex are not firing on all six. I remain to be convinced by Morris, and I think what we are missing is a creative central midfielder who can take on the opposition and pick out forward passes...we did have one, but he is now on the South Coast.
    Does moaning about this help, don't think so, and currently we are in no danger of relegation.

I am inclined to agree with your thoughts on Artell and he was given a rough deal
    Well you have changed your tune, the vitriol you spewed out about poor old Dave last season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Well you have changed your tune, the vitriol you spewed out about poor old Dave last season.

Just to clarify I still wanted him out as we are in a results based business and he was failing spectacularly, however he was not the only problem the board were also complicit in the clubs failure sadly they are still in post and appear to be repeating the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Afraid I'm not up to accepting your subsequent apology like some. If this board was moderated you'd be off it now.
    Very happy to put my intellect & qualifications up against you anytime Wartman.

I haven't made any comment on last Saturdays game as I wasn't there, down in Bristol visiting family.
    However it is clear that the Alex are not firing on all six. I remain to be convinced by Morris, and I think what we are missing is a creative central midfielder who can take on the opposition and pick out forward passes...we did have one, but he is now on the South Coast.
    Does moaning about this help, don't think so, and currently we are in no danger of relegation.

Fully respect your position RWS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12