+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Indy Ref 2

I have to hope you are correct but if we still cannot poll in the high 50s to 60+% after that shytshow that was Boris then Liz, you do have to wonder what it would take.

The 2014 vote was over eight years ago and things have changed massively since then and not just Brexit.
    Unionists who have been creaming themselves since yesterday's ruling just don't get the big picture, but would expect anything less.
    We won't vote no a second time, it will still be close, but yesterday's ruling pushed the yes vote over the finishing line.
    The support for us becoming independent is far more widespread now than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    The 2014 vote was over eight years ago and things have changed massively since then and not just Brexit.
    Unionists who have been creaming themselves since yesterday's ruling just don't get the big picture, but would expect anything less.
    We won't vote no a second time, it will still be close, but yesterday's ruling pushed the yes vote over the finishing line.
    The support for us becoming independent is far more widespread now than ever.
    Enjoying your optimism do have a word wi Mr(we're all doomed Daft ) A C4 poll conducted after the English court ruling now has Yes with a huge lead.

Would you vote SNP at the next general election if a victory for them could lead to Scotland leaving the UK? (Find Out Now / Channel 4 News, 23rd November 2022)

Yes 50%
    No 33%

Excluding Don't Knows and 'Prefer Not To Says', that works out as approximately Yes 60%, No 40%.

Would you vote SNP at the next general election if your vote would be used as a mandate to negotiate independence with the UK Government?

Yes 51%
    No 33%

That works out as roughly Yes 61%, No 39% without Don't Knows and Won't Says.

Me personally am suspicious of polls especially for a plebiscite Independence election but hey ho this is encouraging looking like the English court has done us a huge favour.

PS I'd have to hold my nose to vote for the "New SNP" but when duty calls..ken
    Last edited by stewarty27; 24-11-2022 at 09:31 AM.

I don’t think they ever expected to win the court case.

It was only recently that the rhetoric about winning it was wound up.

It’s not doom, it’s experience.
    Some will be bribed
    Some will be threatened
    Some won’t be arsed

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Some will be bribed
    Some will be threatened
    Some won’t be arsed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Enjoying your optimism do have a word wi Mr(we're all doomed Daft ) A C4 poll conducted after the English court ruling now has Yes with a huge lead.

Would you vote SNP at the next general election if a victory for them could lead to Scotland leaving the UK? (Find Out Now / Channel 4 News, 23rd November 2022)

Yes 50%
    No 33%

Excluding Don't Knows and 'Prefer Not To Says', that works out as approximately Yes 60%, No 40%.

Would you vote SNP at the next general election if your vote would be used as a mandate to negotiate independence with the UK Government?

Yes 51%
    No 33%

That works out as roughly Yes 61%, No 39% without Don't Knows and Won't Says.

Me personally am suspicious of polls especially for a plebiscite Independence election but hey ho this is encouraging looking like the English court has done us a huge favour.

PS I'd have to hold my nose to vote for the "New SNP" but when duty calls..ken
    🤞🤞

Some will be bribed
    Some will be threatened
    Some won’t be arsed
    Well they can't bribe us with losing our EU membership this time, which was a big project fear winner in 2014 aided and abetted by most EU countries.
    We vote yes and we go full on into the EU, even adopt the Euro and build a hoorin huge wall across the border with England.
    What can they honestly bribe us with in a vote? There is nothing, the marriage is over.

The Hun will be bribed with not getting to down to the channel and watch immigrants drown if we vote yes, which will keep them on message, but most of us are a lot wiser than that.

You're getting bribes and threats mixed up.

They'll threaten us with cutting off trade with england, folk will worry about not being allowed to see eastenders.
    They'll bribe us with the usual, ships being built, new factories supplying something unionist etc.

None of it will come true, it never has and it never will.
    It'll work again though.

You're getting bribes and threats mixed up.

They'll threaten us with cutting off trade with england, folk will worry about not being allowed to see eastenders.
    They'll bribe us with the usual, ships being built, new factories supplying something unionist etc.

None of it will come true, it never has and it never will.
    It'll work again though.
    Bring it on, we're ready for the b@stards this time and they know it.

Interesting new poll. Of course only one poll really matters that would be IndyRef2. But how the hell do we get that ? Answers on a postcard please.

Should Scotland be an independent country? (Ipsos UK / STV, 28th November - 5th December 2022)

Yes 56% (+6)
    No 44% (-6)

Scottish voting intentions for the next UK general election:

SNP 51% (+7)
    Labour 25% (+2)
    Conservatives 13% (-6)
    Liberal Democrats 6% (-4)
    Greens 3% (-)

Seats projection: SNP 58 (+10), Labour 1 (-), Conservatives 0 (-6), Liberal Democrats 0 (-4)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast