+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Indy Ref 2

Merry Christmas Abmadders and up yours's sausagenegg.

On Christmas Eve of 1950, Ian Hamilton and three other Scottish students set out from Glasgow, Scotland in two separate cars for the long trip south to London. The drive took about twenty hours: neither car had any heat, so it was the cold that lingered in Hamilton’s memory. For the rest of the world it was the daring act itself that made the strongest impression.
    Although Ian Hamilton was studying law at the University of Glasgow, on that night, he jeopardized his future career by carrying out one of the most famous thefts in the history of England. Joined by Kay Matheson, Alan Stuart, and Gavin Vernon, Hamilton broke into Westminster Abbey and recovered The Stone on Xmas Day 1950.
    The Stone of Destiny was stolen from Scotland by Edward I
    in 1296 together with al our National Records & Scottish Crown Jewels.
    On 25th December while you are having your Christmas Dinner raise your glasses to the 4 Scottish patriots who brought the Stone of Destiny back to Scotland

Fückin royalists.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Fückin royalists.
    You do make me chuckle thank you DD have a good een.

Good story. He also (unsuccessfully) sued the RBS for mis-selling him and his wife RBS Shares. Died earlier this year, aged 97.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Merry Christmas Abmadders and up yours's sausagenegg.

On Christmas Eve of 1950, Ian Hamilton and three other Scottish students set out from Glasgow, Scotland in two separate cars for the long trip south to London. The drive took about twenty hours: neither car had any heat, so it was the cold that lingered in Hamilton’s memory. For the rest of the world it was the daring act itself that made the strongest impression.
    Although Ian Hamilton was studying law at the University of Glasgow, on that night, he jeopardized his future career by carrying out one of the most famous thefts in the history of England. Joined by Kay Matheson, Alan Stuart, and Gavin Vernon, Hamilton broke into Westminster Abbey and recovered The Stone on Xmas Day 1950.
    The Stone of Destiny was stolen from Scotland by Edward I
    in 1296 together with al our National Records & Scottish Crown Jewels.
    On 25th December while you are having your Christmas Dinner raise your glasses to the 4 Scottish patriots who brought the Stone of Destiny back to Scotland
    Nah. Student prank by middle class attention seekers to filch what is held to be a royal lavvie cover. Monarchical symbolism can **** off. Sending the peasant working classes into battle with any survivors forced back into what was practically slavery once their purpose had been served as spear/cannon fodder can suck Red John’s tiny apology for a wizened stroop.

Eureka, and the kidnap of Jimmy Spankie was better.

Other than that I have no strong feelings on history written by aristo victors. Compliments of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Nah. Student prank by middle class attention seekers to filch what is held to be a royal lavvie cover. Monarchical symbolism can **** off. Sending the peasant working classes into battle with any survivors forced back into what was practically slavery once their purpose had been served as spear/cannon fodder can suck Red John’s tiny apology for a wizened stroop.

Other than that I have no strong feelings on history written by aristo victors. Compliments of the season.
    Well thank you for that kind Sir, I wondered if anyone would notice this was just a big fairy-tail, I should have known I wouldn't get it passed you. As a fellow truth seeker you ken fine well as me ..the Stane was found by Hamish McBeth in a cave just outside Lochdubh . Of course ably assisted by TV John and wee Jock. Sláinte mhaith,

As if I could not see
    believed implicitly
    in the tales of the British democracy
    How I swooned to the stories of Royal victories
    But the books of history were fairy tale stories

But, never one to doubt
    and not first think about
    I restrained all my doubt,
    now I'm working it out.
    Your good sister, it seems,
    is nowhere to be seen,
    they don't talk of Kathleen,
    things are not how they seem

There's no beauty any more…

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Can we just agree that Scotland would be a much better place without the English consistently playing us. I know some of you like being controlled and see it as someone looking after you (for some bizarre reason) but those of us who really want freedom from these chains, please just enjoy the Empire of hatred crumbling before our very eyes. The process is reluctantly slow but having power and losing it to us who are stronger willed will be excruciating for them but glorious for our eyes to witness.
    Scotland will be free, it’s inevitable.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011