+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Ref 2

You all seem to have forgotten that everybody who voted for independence in 2014 effectively voted to leave the EU at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    You all seem to have forgotten that everybody who voted for independence in 2014 effectively voted to leave the EU at the same time.
    Really? You speak some shyte min, but that's one of your best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Not sure I understand what you're saying here Jupiter ? Technically your right the UK being the member nation in 2014, But what was never really established was would Scotland being a sovereign Nation in its own right would still be a member, But what was established was an Independent Scotland would be free to join EFTA immediately thus gaining entry to the single market, Anyway we were all conned you included ! if you care to look at most of the stuff the "warned " us about turned out to be bollox
    Last edited by stewarty27; 12-10-2022 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Not sure I understand what you're saying here Jupiter ? Technically your right the UK being the member nation in 2014, But what was never really established was would Scotland being a sovereign Nation in its own right would still be a member, But what was established was an Independent Scotland would be free to join EFTA immediately thus gaining entry to the single market, Anyway we were all conned you included ! if you care to look at most of the stuff the "warned " us about turned out to be bollox
    In 2014 nearly everyone and their dog was against us voting yes, the EU too. Yes they said they would look favourably on our bid for membership, but the best thing was to stay in the union. The no campaign even said the only way to stay part of the EU was to vote no and look how that turned out.

We were screwed twice over voting no, hence why a vote now would be a different outcome in my opinion. Much better to be part of a strong, european union than keeping the pretence up of the UK.

Of course it is.

But they won't vote for it.

Bribes and threats.
    It's how the english have always subdued us, and they will again.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    And you're already taking that threat seriously DD, You really think the rUK can afford not to have a free trade deal with an Independent Scotland ? Given the state the UK economy is in it would be madness to risk driving it even further into decline, Its a bluff DD and was part of project fear in 2014.

Scotland has already been removed from the EU by the UK against the wishes of the Scottish people. Thats means if it becomes independent will have to apply to rejoin the EU, whereas that should be easy, as Scotland meets all the criteria and there is no waiting list etc, it will likely take two years or more. So Scotland will be free to negotiate access to the single market via immediate EFTA membership and will be free to negotiate with the rUK. it's a win win for us ! So that would take care of the first couple o years.
    After that 2 years or so we would fully join the EU, Once that happens we would have the same trade deal with the rUK as the rUK has with the EU. If England was daft enough to set up a hard border and tariffs with the EU so would Scotland (once in the EU) but that would also put the rUK on a downward spiral and dramatically lower the value of Sterling if indeed the pounds worth anything by then !!. As Scotland would either be using sterling(hope not) or would peg its own currency value to Sterling or even have our own currency by then ! perhaps the Euro if we meet the criteria ( I actually like the Euro) then all goods from Scotland would be cheaper for rUK buys than goods from the EU and so trade would increase with the rUK not decrease !!! and the rUK would be totally dependent on Scottish oil and gas and electricity supplies and of course renewables inaw,

Have you learned nothing from project fear Mark 1 Come on min don't fall for it again
    If I'm understanding what Nicola is saying today there will be a "border" between Scotland and the remaining part of the UK if we rejoin the EU and there will be physical checks on goods moving across the border on the main road and rail connections. Given her propensity to spin the positive side of everything, given she is saying this sounds like it will be a sh1tshow for our businesses trading with englandshire

Of course there will be a border, that's why I say we have to wait until the english go grovelling back to the EU to join the single market.
    If she misses this chance to say we would join the Euro then she's really off her head.

Mind you, she's showing all the signs of losing it.

Did I just hear something of the news saying she's encouraging men to clype on their friends if they say anything se'xist.

Two guys having a pint in Ma Camerons, one says "check the tits on that" the other one phones the police.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Two guys having a pint in Ma Camerons, one says "check the tits on that" the other one phones the police.
    Quite right too. Why shouldn’t our uniformed protectors have the same chance of appreciating an impressive decolletage as the rest of us? (.)(.)

Clype culture, brought to you by Scotland's thought police.

i doubt it's ok for blokes to oggle blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Clype culture, brought to you by Scotland's thought police.

i doubt it's ok for blokes to oggle blokes.
    What if one of the blokes self-declares that he is a she-bloke? One for Mason to give us dinosaurs the wisdom of current thinking?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast