+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Ref 2

....and one of the other ones decides he's a giraffe.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    ....and one of the other ones decides he's a giraffe.
    Handy for looking over the dividers between the lavvie cubicles, of course, and a get-out excuse if there’s a related complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    If I'm understanding what Nicola is saying today there will be a "border" between Scotland and the remaining part of the UK if we rejoin the EU and there will be physical checks on goods moving across the border on the main road and rail connections. Given her propensity to spin the positive side of everything, given she is saying this sounds like it will be a sh1tshow for our businesses trading with englandshire
    Think your jumping the gun a wee bit there, Its always been understood an Independent Scotland would join EFTA first whilst any full membership application is processed, So to gain membership of the single market without having to accept freedom of movement (the Schengen agreement) We would join EFTA. Although every current EFTA country is a member of the Schengen area, which provides for freedom of movement, this is not a prerequisite for membership. But Sturgeon did say today she'd be very happy adopting Schengen as Scotland needs controled immigration for the sake O the economy,
    So an Indy Scotland would have no reduction in trade gravity with the rest of the UK and the maximum possible trade gravity with the EU under these circumstances. This could be described as a best of both worlds scenario or as simply a better set of circumstances for Scotland than the rest of the UK would enjoy. And given the post brexit disaster for businesses (Now that is what you call a Sh1tshow) rUK would commit economical suicide by curtailing any cross border trade and anyway we still have the mother of ALL U turns that is the UK rejoining the EU it may be 10 years down the line but it WILL happen !!!! Come Indy ref2 RZ the UK will have a hellva less arrows to fire at us Project Fear light you might say. Most of the lies have been well and truly busted, RZ I don't know your views on Independence but take it from me we need to get out sooner than later you surely must see that.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Think your jumping the gun a wee bit there, Its always been understood an Independent Scotland would join EFTA first whilst any full membership application is processed, So to gain membership of the single market without having to accept freedom of movement (the Schengen agreement) We would join EFTA. Although every current EFTA country is a member of the Schengen area, which provides for freedom of movement, this is not a prerequisite for membership. But Sturgeon did say today she'd be very happy adopting Schengen as Scotland needs controled immigration for the sake O the economy,
    So an Indy Scotland would have no reduction in trade gravity with the rest of the UK and the maximum possible trade gravity with the EU under these circumstances. This could be described as a best of both worlds scenario or as simply a better set of circumstances for Scotland than the rest of the UK would enjoy. And given the post brexit disaster for businesses (Now that is what you call a Sh1tshow) rUK would commit economical suicide by curtailing any cross border trade and anyway we still have the mother of ALL U turns that is the UK rejoining the EU it may be 10 years down the line but it WILL happen !!!! Come Indy ref2 RZ the UK will have a hellva less arrows to fire at us Project Fear light you might say. Most of the lies have been well and truly busted, RZ I don't know your views on Independence but take it from me we need to get out sooner than later you surely must see that.
    I realise that we would be in a bit of a purple patch whilst we are in the waiting room to join the EU, but I was referring to the long-term after we have joined the EU (2-3 years post independence?). I may have picked up the wrong end of the stick but the cross-border checks that Nicola was referring to today are not what englandshire would do but rather is what Brussels would require as part of the single market rules. Is that not correct?

I think that once Labour are back in power, I hope and expect we will start to see a move back towards the UK re-joining the EU. It will likely take more than one parliamentary term to get there and your ten years may even be ambitious but the younger generation will drive it as they move into positions of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I realise that we would be in a bit of a purple patch whilst we are in the waiting room to join the EU, but I was referring to the long-term after we have joined the EU (2-3 years post independence?). I may have picked up the wrong end of the stick but the cross-border checks that Nicola was referring to today are not what englandshire would do but rather is what Brussels would require as part of the single market rules. Is that not correct?

I think that once Labour are back in power, I hope and expect we will start to see a move back towards the UK re-joining the EU. It will likely take more than one parliamentary term to get there and your ten years may even be ambitious but the younger generation will drive it as they move into positions of power.
    Yes you are correct, There could be a potential Northern Ireland type situation after full membership. But this is where we need to be pragmatic objective and open minded, Its true there are many questions that can't be answered until we are Independent that's the case for all. The UK out of Europe has absolutely no say on an Independent Scotland's massive export potential and they UK have far more to lose by playing silly bvggers over border checks, Scotland’s far superior exports per head versus the rUK (£17,455 per year for Scotland versus a staggeringly poor £8,626 per head for the rest of the UK) demonstrates that Scotland is an exporting nation whilst the rest of the UK is an importing nation. ( remember most of Scotland's exports go through English ports) So container ports new ferry links a new Manfacturing and export infrastructure are all possible in a new Scotland free to make its own decisions, Risks ? sure but IMO much bigger risks staying in this broken Union,

Ferry?

Can you define?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Ferry?

Can you define?
    It's fairly plain.

Virginia Plain.

Jesus f’uck min
    The whole brexit thing would never have gone through without the Labour Party’s help.

They have always been more anti Europe than the Tories.

Bunch of tossers.

The only thing that will drive them back in is their economy tanking.
    That’s going very well.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Ferry?

Can you define?
    Aye nae bother. We get in touch wi thon ferry company Seaborne Freight I have a personal recommendation from my mate Chris Grayling that they are the dogs b0llox when it comes to boats, Of course we will need to pay them a 5hit load of dosh. But it will be worth it just to see the look on CalMac's face,

Western Ferries were offered several west coast and Hebridean routes (no info on exactly by whom, but my inference was that CMAL had been by-passed) on the QT, according to a contact in Gourock. As I recall the word ‘bargepole’ may have been used by the potential ‘sub-contractor’ who, I don’t think, actually operate any submarines.

Funny old game.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast