+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Ref 2

Indy Ref 2

Supreme court case starts hearing today to see if we're allowed to have a referendum.

I don't think it matters as I can't see the yes vote going through anyway. Bre*it and toryness in general will no doubt have swayed a few but I reckon the war in Ukraine and all the talk of nuclear war and that will put the heebie jeebies up a lot of folk.

My heart says YES.

Unfortunately my head says NO.

Brexit is the main reason to vote for it.
    Brexit will be the main reason for folk to vote against it.

Why you would want to link yourself to war mongers like the english while there's talk of nuclear war is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Supreme court case starts hearing today to see if we're allowed to have a referendum.

I don't think it matters as I can't see the yes vote going through anyway. Bre*it and toryness in general will no doubt have swayed a few but I reckon the war in Ukraine and all the talk of nuclear war and that will put the heebie jeebies up a lot of folk.

My heart says YES.

Unfortunately my head says NO.
    If so then we truly are a nation of fecking easily controlled weaklings.

I’ll be voting yes but I think it’ll lose by a bigger margin than last time. That’s fine, I can’t do much about that but there’s two things I’m not entertaining anymore after a No result

Unionists complaining about his sh1t things are

Unionists complaining about divided communities/families.

I'm afraid we need to delay the vote.

I know I've said it a thousand times but the english need to rejoin the European single market before Scotland will vote for independence.

I’d delay it as well. There’s no reason to rush it.

I'm not so sure we would vote no now and not convinced if we were to lose it the margin would be greater, I think it would be tight.

A load of folk unhappy with Brexit and also the Westminster sh itshow of the last few years have saw people I know change opinions since 2014. of course what people say and do is a different matter.

It would take an idiot of epic proportions to fall for the same shyte they fell for in 2014 and I am sure there will be a few posting on here soon enough to prove my point.

Regardless if 2023 or 2033, it is coming, the generation coming up now will see to that. Devolution was always going to lead to a split, just a case of when and not if.

Aye, this is the last chance.....certainly in my lifetime, so we need to time the run just right.
    In all honesty, I'm unsure what more a market obsessed Westminster government could do to make the case FOR independence, but there are other factors (primarily soundbite and media related) in play, sadly.
    Such is the way of modern, dummed-down politics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Regardless if 2023 or 2033, it is coming, the generation coming up now will see to that. Devolution was always going to lead to a split, just a case of when and not if.
    I’d agree with that. Mrs Mason taught modern studies in one of the staunchest parts of the country for a couple of years. They’re pretty much all in favour of independence.

Possibly why turbo unionists say the Scottish education system is shyte all the time

Tricky to say if it's the right time or not. There's been a lot going on recently with covid, Brexit and Eastern Europe so that means peoples anxiety levels are gonna be higher than normal. Will they want to commit to another monumental change in their day to day lives like Scottish Independence? I'm not so sure.

Saying that, NS has no choice but to call it after brexit and is quite right to do so in my opinion. It's the game changer.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast